GOOD on Netflix STREAMING?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My wife and I are currently enjoying "Keeping Up Appearances". English comedy, very light, extremely witty, if you appreciate British humor. The episodes are short (20 minutes) so it's perfect for a quick before bedtime show. You parents in the group know what I mean.

richkev said:
My wife and I are currently enjoying "Keeping Up Appearances". English comedy, very light, extremely witty, if you appreciate British humor. The episodes are short (20 minutes) so it's perfect for a quick before bedtime show. You parents in the group know what I mean.

English comedy = oxymoron

English comedy = oxymoron

DUDE. Without returning your slight trollery (I do like you, but we are about to cross swords) I will merely submit:

A moose once bit my sister.

Until you experience that in it's entirety, speak not of what you have no knowledge, or feel my steel.

Monty Python sucks is all I'm saying. The two guys who did Shaun of The Dead and Hot Fuzz are carrying that entire country from what I've seen

Monty Python sucks is all I'm saying. The two guys who did Shaun of The Dead and Hot Fuzz are carrying that entire country from what I've seen

Simon Pegg and Nick Frost are great, but what about Ricky Gervais and his cohorts? What about Eddie Izzard?

what have you seen from Monty Python to make that assertion?

Simon Pegg and Nick Frost are great, but what about Ricky Gervais and his cohorts? What about Eddie Izzard?

what have you seen from Monty Python to make that assertion?

Seen all the Monty Pythons...just not my cup of tea I guess. They are all the same movie.

Gervais is overrated ... I like Eddie Izzard though. Did anyone watch the one season of Riches? It was solid

Seen all the Monty Pythons...just not my cup of tea I guess. They are all the same movie.

Gervais is overrated ... I like Eddie Izzard though. Did anyone watch the one season of Riches? It was solid

PHEW!!!!

for a second I had you mixed up with hoppyhoppyhippo of the "Archer good/Ugly americans bad" debacle.

For a second your fate seemed decided.

Since this is the first of our diametrically opposed assertions, I will grant you: Different strokes for different folks.

That said, you are pissing off a LOT of people. Why T H did you watch "all" of Monty Python if it sucks??

I guess 'sucks' is not the right word. Overrated is more like it. I just don't find it as witty as everyone likes to make it out to be. I find myself bored. Seen the movies at friends houses, as a time filler...etc. Never have I gone out of my way to watch one.

I guess 'sucks' is not the right word. Overrated is more like it. I just don't find it as witty as everyone likes to make it out to be. I find myself bored. Seen the movies at friends houses, as a time filler...etc. Never have I gone out of my way to watch one.

I will grant you, Doc Martin, Irish RM, and all british comedies in general are for a certain kind of enthusiast, and it is not quite me either.

That said though, Monty Python is pretty fantastic across the board, Shaun ot dead is epic, Hot Fuzz is more to the subtle British humor style, but no less awesome.

Well then hate away. I haven't seen them all but I claim to love them.

TxBrew said:
When do we move?

Jim Jones had his People's Temple right down the road from where I grew up in Redwood Valley, about 5 miles from where I live currently. Nice area. The Presbyterians who own it now would probably sell for the right price. He actually lived on a piece of land adjacent to my parents property. One of the neighbors caught one of his African adoptees in his home eating cold hotdogs out of the fridge. Poor kid was starving. That's our claim to fame.

Spaced - It's like warm milk but it makes you chuckle.

Deadliest Warrior! It's not good, but there isn't a crappy things on Netflix streaming that I love thread.

TxBrew said:
Spaced - It's like warm milk but it makes you chuckle.

image-905921903.jpg

Kind of sort of, but not as uber, and by kind if sort of I mean not at all.

Miller's Crossing! Probably my favorite Coen Bros movie and next up in the Coen Bros quote series of beers I have. Bottling 'these men are cowards now', life of the mind is getting pretty good in the bottle.

Not sure if it's been said already, but The Killing is a pretty good series. My only pet peeve is that it is set in Seattle, but a lot of the local references are wrong.

Red State was great but boy could it have been better... That shoot out at the end could have ended a million different ways. Not huge on their choice. I would have gone with something that had more topless gals with machine guns

Tucker and Dale would be a "twice a year" watch, but when I meet someone new or realize that someone I already know hasn't seen it.........time to watch again!;) I love converting people.

Back