SCI-FI geeks out there?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrutalBrew

Reaction score
Just wondering how many sci-fi geeks are out there. Not talking about the new Bisexual vampire fantasy stuff. Im talkin old school sci fi. New and old.
Whats your favorite Sci-Fi movie/TV show?
Movies=Star wars, Fifth element, Terminator's, Aliens, Total recall (old and new), District 9, Prometheus.
TV Shows= Battlestar Galactica (new), Farscape, Firefly, Babylon 5, All Stargates (fav, Atlantis), Star Trek, fav Enterprise),

There are tons on here. some of my favorites are voyager, aliens, predator and a short lived show - space above and beyond, that seems like no one has heard of. It was on about 20 years ago for a season or two

you are in good company here :mug:

I span the spectrum of Sci-Fi/Fantasy/Graphic Novels

Movies: Star Wars (Episodes 4,5,6) Start Trek (including the new J.J. Abraham's reboot) Total Recall (new old), Watchmen, Christopher Nolan Batman (and the Tim Burton ones)

TV/Shows: Games of Thrones, Walking Dead (since the first season), Fringe (even when it got really bad), Battle Star (New), Dr. Who.

i could continue for hours :D

DUDE!! Never knew I was a nerd until recently.

District 9? BAD ASS

the new BSG? MORE BAD ASS. Paid $5 to watch "Blood and Chrome" and I could probably be conned into watching "Blood and Stool" Adama's bathroom saga if it came out.

ALIENS is the most bad ass movie ever.

What's more? my new gf said that I am "Nerdy Hot" FU*K YEAH.

Books, how could I forget?
Madaddam trilogy by margaret atwood ( if you havent, trust me, its a masterpiece)
Battlfild earth - l. ron hubbard
Artemis fowl series - Eoin colfer

I just realized I have the new total recall movie at home, bought a few weeks ago, and I still haven't watched it.

There are tons on here. some of my favorites are voyager, aliens, predator and a short lived show - space above and beyond, that seems like no one has heard of. It was on about 20 years ago for a season or two

I streamed it and thought it was a good show. Wanted more. Defying gravity is a show I was pissed they dropped also.

DUDE!! Never knew I was a nerd until recently.

District 9? BAD ASS

the new BSG? MORE BAD ASS. Paid $5 to watch "Blood and Chrome" and I could probably be conned into watching "Blood and Stool" Adama's bathroom saga if it came out.

ALIENS is the most bad ass movie ever.

What's more? my new gf said that I am "Nerdy Hot" FU*K YEAH.

Where did you pay $5 to see Blood and Chrome? It's on Youtube for free (legally).

New Total recall???

I have about as much faith in the new EVIL DEAD.....(which I am being dragged to Saturday)

B & C was on amazon (maybe $2.99) for me it was worth it, on my tv, movie quality picture and sound.

All of the Star Treks, Firefly, Red Dwarf, Dr Who, Torchwood, Battlestar Galacttica (both), Hyperdrive... etc

There is no way space above and beyond was 20 years ago!! If thats the case... holy **** im getting old... grey hairs and everything.... fml

Just looked it up... it came out in 1995... still got a few more years till im officially old I guess

I loved that show! That and Starship Troopers (book) are two of the things that made me join the Marines when I decided to serve. Crap that really was almost twenty years ago wasn't it? I'm getting old.

I loved that show! That and Starship Troopers (book) are two of the things that made me join the Marines when I decided to serve. Crap that really was almost twenty years ago wasn't it? I'm getting old.

There is a book of starship troopers?.............yikes;)

I just realized I have the new total recall movie at home, bought a few weeks ago, and I still haven't watched it.

Its a good movie, I like the original better but its still good. This year looks good for new sci-fi. Its making a comeback...!!!:mug: I want more sci-fi TV shows. Defiance is good. We need a new star trek and Battlestar!!!! So say we all......

All of the Star Treks, Firefly, Red Dwarf, Dr Who, Torchwood, Battlestar Galacttica (both), Hyperdrive... etc

Hyperdrive? Ill have to check it out. Watchseries.it, tv-links.eu are great streaming sites for movies/tv shows. Also project tv or something like that. I'm currently watch Earth Final Conflict using playstation to stream so I can watch on big screen. Takes a lot longer to load but worth it instead of watching on on my Macbook

Larry Niven
David Brin
Greg Bear
Jerry Pournelle
Steven Baxter
Robert L. Forward
Michael Crichton
Frederick Pohl
Patrick Rothfuss

RM-MN Just inhaled Rothfuss.

Kvothe= very cool character.

Itching for the next.

9780061694943_p0_v1_s260x420.JPG

Hyperdrive? Ill have to check it out. Watchseries.it, tv-links.eu are great streaming sites for movies/tv shows. Also project tv or something like that. I'm currently watch Earth Final Conflict using playstation to stream so I can watch on big screen. Takes a lot longer to load but worth it instead of watching on on my Macbook

Hyperdrive is a BBC SciFi Sitcom Sort of Star Trek meets The Office. Not on the same level humor-wise as Red Dwarf, but quite funny and a pretty cool SciFi setting too. I know it is streaming on Netflix, not familiar with those other services

There is no way space above and beyond was 20 years ago!! If thats the case... holy **** im getting old... grey hairs and everything.... fml

Just looked it up... it came out in 1995... still got a few more years till im officially old I guess

I felt the same way. It didnt seem it until I realized I was in high school when I watched it.

I started watching District 9 but the... ummm... copy I had didn't have any subtitles. Kind of made it hard to follow.

So, I picked up the DVD to try again. :D

I started watching District 9 but the... ummm... copy I had didn't have any subtitles. Kind of made it hard to follow.

So, I picked up the DVD to try again. :D

Yes, that one was a problem in that way. The rippers need to try harder. At least that's what I've been told ;)

I love love love sci fi movies. But I hate sci fi books. Same with fantasy.

RM-MN said:
it's time we get a couple lady sci-fi authors too.
Madeline L' Engle
C.J. Cherryh

Marion Zimmer Bradley
Anne McCaffrey
Ursula K. Le Guin
Octavia E. Butler
Etc...

Marion Zimmer Bradley
Anne McCaffrey
Ursula K. Le Guin
Octavia E. Butler
Etc...

Yup, Ursula K. Le Guin is awesome.

Any Lovecraft fans? I know Sci-Fi might not be a completely accurate term for his stuff but some of it is in the same realm. More occult/horror/suspense I guess...

Was anyone an Earth: The final conflict fan. Really liked that one. Got wierd at the end though.

I am watching it for the first time now. Im 3 episodes in season 3 and I like it. Season 1 was slow but it gets a lot better as it goes. This series was done by Gene Roddenbury's wife, She got Genes Ideas from bar napkin's and note's he had written ideas for the show on. I'm told basically half way through season 3 all of his ideas are used and she had written the rest. Same thing with Andromeda which I plan on watching next.

I read At the Mountains of Madness. That was pretty cool I thought.

Yup, that's a good one! I like most of his stuff. Makes me feel weird :p

I also like the classics of course. Most Star Trek series, the original Star Wars trilogy. Also newer stuff like the Battlestar Galactica from 5 or 6 years ago and Firefly.

Back