Half a carboy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

isaac17dboy

Reaction score
So this my second batch so far and I always forget to fill the Carboy up to the full 5 gallons. So I have 3 gallons in my Carboy. And I'm leaving it in its second fermenter for a whole month. Also it is ale at ale temp. Will it turn out?

You will probably have 3 gallons of barleywine. It will most likely be fine but it will be a more potent ABV than your recipe intended and have more flavor. Its kind of concentrated form of your original recipe.. Its going to take longer to go thru fermentation.

Perfect! Thank you. That what I was hoping would happen. My last beer was very strong but that even had 4 gallons. I'm using a pilsner kit but I made soo many of my own adjustments I thought it might fail hard. Still smells great though.

I would leave in primary for at least 2 weeks. But a hydrometer reading would be best taken to make sure its dont fermenting. If you dont want to take reading then leave it 7 days after airlock stops bubbling. IMO / Then transfer to secondary if you want to use one.

Well how long is to long. I'm scared that the pieces of carrot in it might mold? Idk? I worry a lot. I need a home brew .

Well how long is to long. I'm scared that the pieces of carrot in it might mold? Idk? I worry a lot. I need a home brew .

I dont know about using fresh fruit/veggies in fermentation. Someone else might jump in and help Maybe remove the carrots when racking to secondary? I would

Jack rabbit ale. I added carrot cores into the second stage! I'm hoping it will be as intense as I dreamed it. It looks very nice though.

Back