Thirsty in Corpus!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomknocker519

Reaction score
Hello all!
i found this miraculous website while looking up breweries in the denver area to tour while on my honeymoon. Then swmbo decided to register for a Mr. Beer kit for our wedding. This is why I'm keeping her. Anyway, I have absolutely zero home brewing experience, and am looking for the best way to start. I dont know if there is a particular company to go through when picking your first home brew kit (IF thats the best way to start) or if a mix and match is good for different recipes or what; thats why I'm here pre-brew.
My favorites always change, but right now I love all things Great Divide, Flying Dog, Third Shift, Shiner, and Rogue.
I really cant wait to start the process of becoming a full fledged (home)brewmaster, especially since the other half is down to participate, so I look forward to everyones advice!
Cheers from Corpus Christi!

Welcome. I am a couple hours South of you. It is a great hobby. I get my supplies from Homebrew Party in San Antonio or Austin Home Brew. I think there is a place in Corpus, but have not tried it. When you start buying brewing equipment, and you will, get stuff the next size larger than what you think. This is a great site. Plan on spending a lot of time here. :tank:

I've never seen a homebrew place in Corpus. And I've looked!

Anyway, welcome to the forum. I spend time near Rockport in the winter and came back up north about a month ago. It's still snowy here, so I miss S. Texas quite a bit!

I would suggest reading a couple of books prior to brewing. Then you will know why you are doing what you're doing. Plus, you'll have great references for future use.

"How to Brew" by John Palmer
and
"The Complete Joy of Homebrewing" by Charlie Papazian

Both are great reads!

Hi from just North of you. I'm in Victoria.

I started with a kit from Austin Homebrew Shop. Great people and I consider them my local guys even though they are more than a 120 miles from me. San Antonio has two homebrew shops but.... Did I mention that the people in Austin are friendly?

Good luck on your new hobby. It is fun.

I lived and brewed there from 2001-2006! There was a liquor store there that had a limited, but decent homebrew selection. Anything else was from San Antonio or the internet. There was a homebrew club I was in called BASH. Bay Area Society of Homebrewers. Find out if they are still there, they'll be the biggest help you could imagine!!!

Good luck with the heat:mug:

Back