6 pack trade anyone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys sorry for the delay. I'm still on board for this. However my dad just got really sick so I'm going to be taking care of him for the foreseeable future. As much as I hate to use that as an excuse it's taken up my time and I haven't had a chance to put all the people in a spreadsheet. If y'all are willing to give me a couple more days i can probably get it done. If someone else would like to organize this that's cool too. I'd still like to be included in the trade if at all possible.

Sorry to hear that man and no apology necessary. I am in no rush to make this happen immediately so take all the time you need to take care of your family and yourself. And don't forget to take care of yourself! If someone else would like to organize this just let us know.

Sorry to hear that man and no apology necessary. I am in no rush to make this happen immediately so take all the time you need to take care of your family and yourself. And don't forget to take care of yourself! If someone else would like to organize this just let us know.

+1, Best wishes for your Dad. I can wait as well, a couple weeks even a month is only going to improve what I have on tap.

Same here! I wish your Dad well thood! I could use the extra time anyway! I say take your time and when it happens, it happens!

I want in!!! Only problem is I only brew 1 gallon batches and I dont get close to a 12er. I could send a few bottles though.

I've offered to take up organizing this. Please PM me with what you have and what you want. I'll be making a google spreadsheet that I can share with everyone involved.

I've sent out a bunch of PMs to people who were interested. Please respond by Sunday to get in this round.

Also, I live on the west coast. I'm happy to be the hub, but it would probably be cheaper for everyone if we used someone more central. Let me know if you want that task.

Based on some responses I've gotten, here are the rules as I see it:

1. send a 6 pack in. get a 6 pack back.
2. include a return label with your submission.
3. bottle conditioned beers can be conditioning en route as long as there is a not on the bottle when they should be carbed up.
4. include the recipe for each beer submitted.
5. no whining.

Let me know if I missed anything.

I'm going to be out of town from Sunday until Wednesday night so the soonest I'll be able to ship anything will be Thursday. Unless you want to PM me your address and I can ship it tomorrow.

Sunday was just the cut-off to get in. I'll be sending out PMs with the ship-to address to everyone involved after that.

Based on some responses I've gotten, here are the rules as I see it:

1. send a 6 pack in. get a 6 pack back.
2. include a return label with your submission.
3. bottle conditioned beers can be conditioning en route as long as there is a not on the bottle when they should be carbed up.
4. include the recipe for each beer submitted.
5. no whining.

Let me know if I missed anything.

As far as number 4 goes, we should be sending in 6 copies of the receipe(s), 1 for each bottle right?

I would like to participate next round. I wanted to do something like this. Glad it's up and running. Should be what a month before next round?

I'd like to get in on this, but I have have a couple ****ty experiences trying to ship beer. Maybe it was just the office I kept trying to use.

I'd like to get in on this, but I have have a couple ****ty experiences trying to ship beer. Maybe it was just the office I kept trying to use.

Online, self-paid and printed postage is great. I make sure my bottles don't clink when the box moves (there really should be no movement inside the box at all). I walk up to the UPS counter and say "I've just got a drop off". The UPS worker barely glances at the label, says "ok, leave it there". I set it down and say thanks and walk off. Always been that easy. If your UPS guy/gal is particularly inquisitive, you might try FedEx.

I had the problem at fedex. They took the package then called me later because they opened it and saw it was beer. I'll try UPS this time around.

I've never had a problem with UPS. If they ever ask, I just say that I'm shipping glassware.

Also, I'll be sending out IMs today for everyone in the trade. If anyone in the trade wants access to the spreadsheet, send me an IM with an email, and I'll share it. It is in google docs.

I'd be pissed if they opened my package. Understandable if they reasonable cause to believe it was something dangerous, but what in hell would cause suspicion of a bod of beer?

I would very much like to be included in the next round. I am about to finish grad school and realized I do not need something else to do right now! And as I plan to brew my ass off this summer, I will have more to share!

As much as I want to participate in this I think I'm going to back out. Forty bucks to get a six pack of beer is just to steep for me. UPS wants $19.20 to ship AgentHubcap, I'm guessing the return shipping is going to cost the same. I could handle paying just the $19.20 to ship one way (if anyone out there is interested in a one way trade), but once you throw in the additional charge to ship it back it's just too much.

If anyone has any ideas on how to lower the cost let me know.

Thanks.

As much as I want to participate in this I think I'm going to back out. Forty bucks to get a six pack of beer is just to steep for me. UPS wants $19.20 to ship AgentHubcap, I'm guessing the return shipping is going to cost the same. I could handle paying just the $19.20 to ship one way (if anyone out there is interested in a one way trade), but once you throw in the additional charge to ship it back it's just too much.

If anyone has any ideas on how to lower the cost let me know.

Thanks.

I havent gotten to FedEx yet but I would agree here, 40 bucks to ship out and get 6 bottles back is too much, especially when I have a Colorado bachelor party coming up next week.:tank:

I'm being quoted $19.97 from FL to OR, one way as well...your right, that's a bit much for a 6 pack. The only option I see is to direct ship each other. We wouldn't have the benefit of variety, unless your trading partner has a couple different beers ready. For those who are closer and already shipped, no reason the trade can't go on.

I'm being quoted $19.97 from FL to OR, one way as well...your right, that's a bit much for a 6 pack. The only option I see is to direct ship each other. We wouldn't have the benefit of variety, unless your trading partner has a couple different beers ready. For those who are closer and already shipped, no reason the trade can't go on.

I have a number of beers ready and go do a direct trade with somebody but I do think Im going to pass on this full trade as I'm not going to drop 40 bucks on a 6 pack.

Please let me know if you're backing out so I can update the spreadsheet. I can try to pair up those who still want to bottle swap directly.

I hate to do it, considering I bought a capper specifically for this trade, but I can't justify the price. $20 for a direct trade is still double the cost of a micro-brew but is better than quadruble the cost. At any rate, please move me over to a direct trade. Here is what my six pack will consist of:

3x Rye Pale Ale
3x Helles Lager

I'm in fl as well and the shipping is huge. Iv got english mild, american amber, baverian lager and a kolsch. Id be happy to pack up a six of whatever for a direct ship.

I'm up for a direct trade. I have these ready..
Belma farmhouse ale
Saison
Rakau pale ale
Ipa
Apple pie oatmeal stout
Pineapple coconut pale ale
I will have these bottled this weekend:
Coconut black ipa
Strawberry blonde
Milk chocolate stout
Conan/exp6300 ipa

Back