Restart carbing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coleandrobin

Reaction score
Me and my buddy made a batch if home brew a few weeks ago and after we filled the bottles we split em up and he took his home to wait for them to carb. Mine did fine, but he put his straight into the fridge. I'm assuming this made the yeast go dormant before the beer carbed. If we took em out and put them some where cool instead of cold would the yeast wake up and carb the bottles?

Me and my buddy made a batch if home brew a few weeks ago and after we filled the bottles we split em up and he took his home to wait for them to carb. Mine did fine, but he put his straight into the fridge. I'm assuming this made the yeast go dormant before the beer carbed. If we took em out and put them some where cool instead of cold would the yeast wake up and carb the bottles?

Yes. You don't really want someplace "cool" but instead, someplace warm (sort of). My definition of cool might be lower than yours, so I'd say 70-75 degrees as an example of the temperature range you want for the bottles.

Turn them end over end once you get them out of the fridge and set at room temperature as above, for about three weeks. They should be fine.

The yeast are just asleep. Get them to room temp, a gentle shake(endover flip like above works) Its like ringing their alarm bell. They'll get back to work and carb it up!

Back