CO2 In Connection

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mizzourah2006

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am having trouble getting my CO2 in flush with my in post. After I clicked it into place I sprayed it lightly with warm water and soap and there is apparently CO2 coming out the bottom of the connection as one fairly large bubble will grow every 15 seconds or so. My keg was set to 30 PSI overnight and when I woke up it was registering about 25 PSI.

Is this going to be an issue or is that not enough CO2 lost to really worry about?

Could I need to replace my In post?

Kegging a nice Yooper's Ale for my friends this weekend :) My first try at kegging.

Bad o-ring around the post. Replace it - and when you do, pick up some keg lube and use it on every o-ring and gasket on your dispensing system, from keg to faucet...

Cheers!

Bad o-ring around the post. Replace it - and when you do, pick up some keg lube and use it on every o-ring and gasket on your dispensing system, from keg to faucet...

Cheers!

Makes sense and was thinking the same thing.

Thank you very much for your help.

In the meantime do you think I will lose a ton of CO2?

I will probably have to order it online because I typically work until 6ish PM and don't have the time to get to the LHBS which is about 20 miles away.

You may not be seeing the full rate of gas loss using a bubble test on a connected QD, so it's hard to answer your question with any confidence.

If your beer is carbed up - and you don't have any reason to believe the poppet in the keg gas post is not up to snuff - you might consider just turning off the gas and removing the gas disconnect from the keg, until you can replace the o-ring...

Cheers!

You may not be seeing the full rate of gas loss using a bubble test on a connected QD, so it's hard to answer your question with any confidence.

If your beer is carbed up - and you don't have any reason to believe the poppet in the keg gas post is not up to snuff - you might consider just turning off the gas and removing the gas disconnect from the keg, until you can replace the o-ring...

Cheers!

Thank you so much for the help. This type of stuff can be very intimidating for a noob. Thanks for taking time out of your day to answer questions for me and others like me!

Latest posts

Back