My yard build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DoubleAught

Reaction score
Over the last couple days I transformed my south yard into this monstrosity. This will be my first year attempting hop growing, so I'm planning on periodically updating this thread with pictures as the process goes along.

image-1668371411.jpg

image-3202424468.jpg

image-2265899140.jpg

image-2238101974.jpg

Thanks everyone! This little plot used to be our volleyball court...my daughters are not happy :)

A couple pics from today. I noticed a few sprouts on each mound today when I came home from work. I've heard rabbits do and heard they do not eat the sprouts, so just to play it safe I put up a cheap chicken wire fence just to safeguard my investment.

image-1688109368.jpg

image-4145390749.jpg

I was just wondering earlier how yours were coming along. They look good!

Thanks Mike! I hit one of my strongest bines with a weed eater this week, thought I was free and clear, I guess not. Since then the others have taken up the slack, such resilient little plants...

Did you notice my guard owl? Even the Robins stay out of the fence since mounting him on the post :)

Thanks Mike! I hit one of my strongest bines with a weed eater this week, thought I was free and clear, I guess not. Since then the others have taken up the slack, such resilient little plants...
I was indeed wondering how you cut the grass around them. To bad that one got hit.

One of mine up and died out of the blue. I may have accidentally over fertilized it.
Did you notice my guard owl? Even the Robins stay out of the fence since mounting him on the post :)

I did notice something up there, but I didn't realize it was a guard owl. That's a cool idea!

Latest posts

Back