What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Snisup said:
Just had my first "real" scotch this week. Macallan 12. My eyes are opened.

Awesome. My wife bought me a bottle of 21 year old Glenlivet "Archive" for my birthday. Truly good scotch is an amazing thing. I love Macallan.

HB Key Lime Pie Ale.......must drink homebrew while making homebrew, pretty sure thats the law

ForumRunner_20130420_175238.jpg

dryboroughbrewing said:
Bottle of FW DBA that I found in the fridge, not bad, but not great.

Really? That is possibly my favorite beer ever. Strangely though I have noticed it seems to vary a bit from batch to batch.

Got the Cream Ale pitched and sealed up, and I've got half an hour left in the mash on the Northern Brown. So time for something I haven't had before.

I can't read it. what is it & how is it?

edit: just poured a Goosetown Gose. I think I'm gonna brew a 10 gallon batch of this style. anyone got any AG recipes for me? hahahhaa!!!

I can't read it. what is it & how is it?

Uerige Dusseldorf Alt. I suppose I could have looked at the bottom of the bottle, but the ENTIRE label is in German outside of the US-required warnings and tax-related stuff. So I had no idea the thing was bottle conditioned, or I would have had a much clearer pour. Hah. It's quite tasty. I've got a recipe for the style I've been meaning to brew. I might have to bump it up on the list.

Uerige Dusseldorf Alt. I suppose I could have looked at the bottom of the bottle, but the ENTIRE label is in German outside of the US-required warnings and tax-related stuff. So I had no idea the thing was bottle conditioned, or I would have had a much clearer pour. Hah. It's quite tasty. I've got a recipe for the style I've been meaning to brew. I might have to bump it up on the list.

nice! so you'd buy it again?

nice! so you'd buy it again?

If I see it again, definitely. I hadn't seen it before. Granted, I wasn't looking, but the bottle is distinctive enough that I probably would have noticed it. Picked it up at a shop I don't usually go into (it's expensive and usually out of the way), that also had a Koslch that I didn't think was even imported into the US (again, hadn't seen it around before). So they may have a distributor the other local places don't.

This has been a great beer day. Had a KBS on tap earlier followed by a Stone Vanilla Smoked Porter on tap. Already posted the pictures earlier. Then some homebrews from a fellow homebrewer I met in line for KBS. He had a Kolsch and Stout that were awesome!
Now I'm home and having a Two Brothers Sidekick.

image-838825385.jpg

Oh, and did I mention the Duck Confit Tacos?

image-1521771096.jpg

This is how Saturdays were always meant to be spent.

xMalachi said:
I bet you love it. Incredible beer! I'm going to pop a Doom sometime soon I'm excited and intrigued by it.

It was definitely worth the wait. I'm looking forward to Founders being distributed down here from now on.

NIZZLE said:
Everyone needs to try KBS at least once ;)
Yes, they should! :D

Latest posts

Back