First post of many.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewster_mpa

Reaction score
Just wanted to say hello to the forum. It's my very first post. I brewed my first batch three months ago and I'm already on my third. You all have mediated a lot of worry on that first one whether you know it or not.

Just a discussion piece. Anyone remember the very first sip from their first batch? Man, was it amazing..

Primary
Rogue Dead Guy Ale clone

Bottled
Black IPA
Red Ale

Sounds amazing, i am purchasing all the home brew utensils at the moment and they will be coming over the next few weeks. I was just wondering how long your first batch took, and what temperature you kept the batch at ?
Cheers

My first batch was my Black IPA. The OG was around 1.080. I kept it in my primary for ten days and then I transferred it to my secondary for eleven. I bottled then tasted at two weeks. I'm guessing it's been a month since I've bottled and it only gets better. Patience is a virtue, but it's so difficult when it comes to beer. I'm probably going to keep this beer in the secondary for another week or so next time I make it. FG was 1.010. I fermented at 65 degrees.

First batch was an Irish Red, fermented at 75F ambient (80F+ internal) with Nottingham.

My reaction was quite different than yours.

Welcome aboard!

Welcome! I thought my first batch was the champagne of beers. Continued to make light bubbly beers for a while then moved on to other types of beer, It's fun.

My first batch was a Black IPA. I was shocked at how good it was. Of course, now that I've learned more it wouldn't compare with what I brew these days, but still, I'd had worse commercial beers from "Craft" brewers for sure.

Latest posts

Back