First Brews

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rtyler8140

Reaction score
I started brewing about 2 months ago. So far I've brewed 2 ciders, an Irish Red, Weizenbier, Milk Stout, and Cream Ale. The first cider (Carmel Apple Cider recipe from this site) is down to 8 bottles left. The second cider is the same recipe minus the cinnamon. Still have about 30 of those left (haven't been giving as many away). I was anxious and excited to try out the beers though. The irish red and weizenbier are both ready having been in the bottle for 4-6 weeks. Thought I would share some pictures! Thanks to everyone who has posted info about brewing. I've learned a lot and couldn't have done it without you. I think next weekend I'm going to try a BIAB 2.5 gallon batch of a Wit.

Irish Red

Weizenbier

I think they both taste great. I've had a few friends try them and the only real complaint I received was that the Irish Red was too hoppy leading to bitterness. I don't think it does so I'm not too concerned. The Irish Red is an extract kit from midwest. Anywho thanks for looking and happy brewing :mug:

I tell everyone that gets some of my homebrews to be brutally honest whether it's good or bad. If there's something that isn't right I want to know about it. I too have had beers that I really like that others did not. We have to keep in mind that we don't all like exactly the same things. I'm stuck LOVING English Bitters for now. Lots of people that I hand my brews to are more into Reds. I made https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f65/irish-red-1st-place-hbt-comp-141086/ and all of my "Red lovers" loved it. To me it was very good, but not as good as it was to them.

Grain of salt. Even bad reviews aren't always bad. They may just not like that style.

I agree with you. I asked my friends to be blunt that it wont hurt my feelings, it will only improve the beer (hopefully). I'd rather have someone hate my beer and tell me why then hate my beer and say they liked it. Just cracked one of the milk stouts tonight (only 1 week after bottling but couldn't help myself). I think it is amazing. I can't wait to try another one next week to see how it ages.

Back