What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image-3938176850.jpg

Flying Dog BA Gonzo!

Just did a blind tasting with my wife of three dry stouts I made over the past fourteen months, plus Guinness thrown in as a ringer.

The 500ml bottle I got was maybe 4-5 bucks? I don't recall exactly, but pretty standard compared to other craft beers around here.

Drinking my Mild.

Same price as local then. Was just curious because they expanded rapidly I was hoping you guys weren't paying for the expansion in the bottle prices.

The 500ml bottle I got was maybe 4-5 bucks? I don't recall exactly, but pretty standard compared to other craft beers around here.

Drinking my Mild.

Same price as local then. Was just curious because they expanded rapidly I was hoping you guys weren't paying for the expansion in the bottle prices.

Ugh . . . $7-8 in Maryland :mad:

NIZZLE said:
My HB rise and shine in my new glass thanks swmbo;)

Bad pour:( still trying to figure out my keg pressure .

Are you kidding me? Other than being an inch inter the rum that's a beautiful pour IMO.

I love this beer... It is in my area, but all the cans are from 10/12.. I have been patiently waiting for some fresh ones to come in.

Is there a date on the can? I guess I should probably check haha. Have you tried their Gubna? Want to see how they do a IIPA but cant really justify $15 for 4 cans

Is there a date on the can? I guess I should probably check haha. Have you tried their Gubna? Want to see how they do a IIPA but cant really justify $15 for 4 cans

Dates are on the bottom of the cans. I've had Gubna on tap and it was delicious. Never had it in a can though.

Be jealous.......
Um where do I start??? If you made bourbon and I mean really good bourbon and loaded it with hops it would be kinda close to Doom. I gotta say this is one of the best beers I have ever had hands down. Forget Pliny and all its hype, this is where its at. Best IPA there is.

ForumRunner_20130423_233251.jpg

Now, a sample from my Pliny the Elder clone. Its tasting grat right now. I think the recipe is right on. Columbus is a huge hop. Super dank!!

Not sure of you guys ave seen this site, but it has so many great recipes and he has done a great job on a lot of techniques and recipes. Check it out! (I have no affiliation with it, just made the recipe and very impressed!)

http://www.bertusbrewery.com/

Nunner said:
I don't know I'd because I drank one of my HB IIPA's first, but for all the great reviews I'm a bit let down

Anything taste off about it? I've had some Sam Smith stuff that just didn't survive the journey too well.

Ostomo517 said:
Be jealous.......
Um where do I start??? If you made bourbon and I mean really good bourbon and loaded it with hops it would be kinda close to Doom. I gotta say this is one of the best beers I have ever had hands down. Forget Pliny and all its hype, this is where its at. Best IPA there is.

It is very good, I had one last night. But too out of the box for me to start saying it's anywhere near my top ipa list. As far as barrel aged beers though...this is right up there with the best of them

New Belgium Shift. Swmbo said " Geez I saw how much you enjoyed that Doom, we will go get you another one tomorrow." And this is one of the many reasons why I love her, she is a beer nerd and understands (even though she hates IPAs)

Back