New Basement Brewery Build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought you were putting a 23-37 inch TV in your brewery. I thought that was a great idea...you should do that too..:D

Nice work.

No that would be Brian Rabe.. Drunken Parrot Brewery....

However on the opposite side of the basement from the brewery there is plans for a TV and couch.. So i can kick back brew and watch tv...lol

This looks AWESOME! Are you putting anything between your pots and your stainless table? are you concerned with heat transfer between the two?

Have not really thought about it... Should I?

When I did a trial run with the hlt it got slightly warm but nothing i was concerned about... The table is like a big heatsink as far as i can tell.

P-J you seem to be the foremost wiring diagram maker. I am not skilled in doing this. I was wondering if you could give me a hand with making a wiring diagram for my system. Several people has asked about it and I don't have the software to make one. Tried Smart Draw but there are none of the components that I used in my build in the library. I have noticed in most of your diagrams you have those images.

Thanks in advance for your help, I don't know what all you would need from me so just let me know and I will try to get the info you need.

Just a guess, but I believe that was his concerns, that maybe the table would remove a lot of your heat from your kettles, thus making your system work less efficient.

Thats true.. hadn't thought of it that way.. looks like some cork mats are in order!!

Hahah bigbeer!

I am my own worst critic.. I felt like progress was really slow, but just today when I got everything moved into the space, I thought to myself the work and wait has been worth it.. I am really proud of what I have accomplished. It has been a pretty amazing process. I guess it was kind of like my start in brewing. I did one batch of extract, one partial grain, and went straight to all grain. Same with the electric stuff. I built a herms system, brewed about 5 batches, electrified my brew kettle, did a few more then went to this.. Don't regret any of it.

It looks like you are using chugger pumps, how did you get the cord to reach? Awesome build by the way!

I have one chugger pump one March pump you are right the chugger pump does have a short cord I think I'm going to have to do a lil bit of soldering work to extend it... so far it is not a problem but we'll see when I put my hops freezer in the space underneath the control panel

Very, very nice work so far! I have been absent from HBT for too long and obviously have been missing out on some really cool builds.....yours included. I love the tile work and your plan of attack. Be patient and keep plugging away and it will all be worth it in the end. I'm about 90% complete on my brewery, but had to take a time out from brewing, HBT, and all of my brewing projects to pursue another business opportunity. Now that all of that crap is finalized, I can get back to what is really important.....BEER! :mug:

I just need to finish up flooring and clear coat some woodwork, then it's onto controls. I'm really leaning towards a BCS control panel, which hopefully will be coming down the pipe soon. Keep the pics coming and keep up the fantastic work!

I've been following this build since the beginning. Excellent job man. It's turned out really awesome! I'm very jealous but also very excited for my turn once i'm a home owner. I cant wait to do something this outrageously awesome!

Any plans to get labels for your control panel? Everything looks so slick and sharp that the sticky tape labels just don't belong. Just saying :)

Thanks... Yeah those are temporary.. Once i am sure everything is how i want it i will be replacing them

So I got the hood installed... GEEEZ that thing is HEAVY... Should have had 3 men and a little boy.. BUT it was only my wife and I. Using straps and clamps and lots of sweat we got it into place. (Thank God OSHA did not stop by...lol)

IMG_20130418_201959_266.jpg

IMG_20130418_202113_080.jpg

IMG_20130418_202043_662.jpg

one step closer!!

So after I was posed the question of what I was putting under the kettles, of course it got my brain whirling.. Went to Home Depot and a few other places and found nothing large enough to suit my needs. So wound up at Joann's Fabrics and bought a roll of 5/32 cork board material and made my own.

IMG_20130419_062711_066.jpg

Not a full 24" btw ... damn china!

IMG_20130419_065628_390.jpg

Wound up getting 3 rounds out of the roll 15-3/4" ea. not bad considering the roll was 14.99 and the clerk alerted me to a circular with a 50% coupon.. so I paid like $8 for all three.. I love DIY!!

IMG_20130419_065642_378.jpg

There are three there it is a bit hard to tell, but I think they are plenty thick

Man that looks great!! I am a new home brewer and don't have a house yet but when I have a bsmt that's what I wanna do. Keep it up and great pics by the way

So I got the hood installed... GEEEZ that thing is HEAVY... Should have had 3 men and a little boy.. BUT it was only my wife and I. Using straps and clamps and lots of sweat we got it into place. (Thank God OSHA did not stop by...lol)

IMG_20130418_201959_266.jpg

IMG_20130418_202113_080.jpg

IMG_20130418_202043_662.jpg

one step closer!!

Your setup looks totally SICK! Nice job man. Where did you get that stainless steel table and how much was it if you don't mind me asking?

Amazing Job! The stainless hood just took this build to an entirely different level. Nice work! :mug:

P.S. the last poster was referring to the height of the ventilation hood and head clearance for taller folks. ;)

LOL hoppopotomus that's what I thought.. I am 6'3" and I have plenty of clearance.. 6'6" might brush the hood (depending on how much hair they have, I don't have much!!) :)

Thanks for the comments.. BTW I was trying to check out your builds, however I think the links to the photos are all broken.. :( Would love to see your "recreation" area..

LOL hoppopotomus that's what I thought.. I am 6'3" and I have plenty of clearance.. 6'6" might brush the hood (depending on how much hair they have, I don't have much!!) :)

Thanks for the comments.. BTW I was trying to check out your builds, however I think the links to the photos are all broken.. :( Would love to see your "recreation" area..[/QUOTE]

Hmmmm? Let me check it out. I was just on a couple of my threads yesterday and the pics where all there, however, when I was checking out a few other DIY threads, people were commenting on how great they looked, but I wasn't seeing and pics. In one thread I couldn't start seeinf the OP's pics until page 4 and 5 of his thread???? I'll check it out and let you know. :mug:

I just went through 5 of my threads and every picture is gone! :eek: We are talking about hundreds of pictures, which really sucks! I sent a message to the HBT administrators to see what the deal is. Hopefully it's just a glitch in their site and they can be retrieved. :( If not, I'll post a few updated pics.

Hoppopotomus said:
...however, when I was checking out a few other DIY threads, people were commenting on how great they looked, but I wasn't seeing and pics. In one thread I couldn't start seeinf the OP's pics until page 4 and 5 of his thread???? I'll check it out and let you know. :mug:

I'm having the same problem. I can see the pics on highland's thread but not yours...and a few others I was looking at yesterday. I just assumed my "interwebs" had a glitch in the matrix. ;)

It appears as though it may be a widespread problem on HBT, as I was forwarded a link from yesterday with a number of people having the same issue. Evidently TxBrew is looking into the problem on HBT's end. I'm not trying to hijack your thread OP, but can anyone see these pics of my brewery that I am posting. Just wondering if freshly posted pics are showing up from my end. :mug:

IMG_3160.jpg

IMG_3162.jpg

IMG_3163.jpg

IMG_3164.jpg

.....and here's my "recreation area" of my basement (my bar), since obviously the hundreds of pics on all of my threads are gone, I'll just post them here. :mug: The last set of pics was the "working area" :D Please let me know if you can see the pics.....another test run.

IMG_3169.jpg

IMG_3167.jpg

IMG_3166.jpg

Brian things are looking real nice. When we build our new house I will have a more designated area to make just brewery. But yours is very nice great job

Back