• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Fair price?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're in uptown Minnesota? I am over here in Chaska. Interested in possibly buying certain parts of your kit.

You are going to have a hard time selling at that price. Your competition looks something like this. You have a lot of duplicate items that add value but most noobies won't realize it. Try putting together just the basics with no duplicates at a reasonable price and then sell off the rest separately.

I wouldn't take less than $150 for it. With the extras, it has a kettle (small but functional), and the immersion chiller you should get $150 easy.

dallasdb said:
I wouldn't take less than $150 for it. With the extras, it has a kettle (small but functional), and the immersion chiller you should get $150 easy.

He also has a tap a draft. $150 is reasonable for sure.

If I was in the market and came across the ad on CL, I'd offer $125 and wouldn't feel bad walking.
Good luck with the sale.

I agree.. The price is high. Many homebrew items retain their value quite well... airlocks, tubing, buckets, and auto siphons don't. Basically anything plastic doesn't hold it's value well because they can harbor bacteria and you have no idea how the previous owner treated it.

What you're really selling is Tap-A-Draft system, 3.5 gal stainless steel kettle with lid, 2 5 gallon carboys, and a wort chiller. The rest of the items carry minimal value and if I were helping someone get started in the hobby I would tell them to just consider them 'freebies' with the other items.

Hey, thanks for all the insight everyone.

I'm going to re-list it at $175.

I'll take what I can get and be happy about it.

Back