Hello from Bangladesh

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fahim

Reaction score
hey guys i am Fahim from Dhaka,Bangladesh. i am here to gather some knowledge from masters like you guys.

I had been brewing my own beer for almost about a year.

i am looking for some easy recipes and tricks so i can make my beer wine and ale taste better.

can someone tell me which place in this forum will be best to request a recipe ?

Welcome. We have a vast library of established and vetted recipes here. It's by style. We also have a recipe/ingredients section which is where we discuss recipes, and tweak them...as opposed to the other section, these may not yet have been brewed or tweaked enough to become part of our library.

Also don't forget to check the stickies at the top of each section of the forum, that's where you'll find the most asked info, and and tips and tricks.

hello fahim - welcome!

is brewing common in bangladesh? is it easy for you to find ingredients? i imagine that it's hard...

i see that you've made another thread with a specific question about yeast. I will answer you there.

requesting a recipe: i would make a post in the recipe/ingredients thread, https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f12/ - be sure to tell folks what your limitations are. no use getting a recipe that you can't follow because you can't get any of the required ingredients!

there is also a recipe database on this forum: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f82/ - search around.

Welcome to our addiction support group ;)

What kind of beer might a person find in Bangladesh? And are there are local ingredients that are used that would make it unique to that part of the world?

Thanks @Revvy. i will remember that.

@sweetcell thanks for the welcome. brewing is not common at here. but we have a lot of grain supplies as well as fruits. but its hard to find good yeast. i am using bakers yeast till now. most of my experiments failed.

@Jon73 i also thank you for the welcome, didnt thought i would get a response in such a short time. anyway, Bangladesh is more of a weed and tobacco kind of country. only few people understand the taste, others just drink to get dizzy.but if you ask me, i had some good experience with home made rums which is found south-east of Bangladesh, but it smells bad. xD

again thanks all of you :D
Cheers

Sounds like you first need to search out a good source of brewing yeasts. Maybe look for websites in your country??:mug:

malted barley can be found at some stores. but others such as wheat, corn etc. cant be found as malted. they are found raw.

@unionrdr, its a small country and hardly introduced to e-storing concept.

Hmm,that def narrows it down. Try searching for home brew shops. Just have to find someplace that sells brewing yeasts. You could then malt & dry some grains if you can't buy them anywhere.

malted barley can be found at some stores. but others such as wheat, corn etc. cant be found as malted. they are found raw.
be sure to only brew with malted grains. you could look into malting the raw wheat yourself, but that's quite a bit of work.

Hmm,that def narrows it down. Try searching for home brew shops. Just have to find someplace that sells brewing yeasts. You could then malt & dry some grains if you can't buy them anywhere.

i wouldn't be surprised at all to learn that bangladesh doesn't have any home brew shops. i suspect that fahim will need to order online from australia, or the UK, the US, etc. i believe there are some shops in honk hong, not sure if they take orders online and ship, but that might be the closest. maybe there is something in india? again doubtful but more likely than in bangladesh.

Oh yeah, I would guaran-GD-tee you there isn't a home brew shop in Bangladesh. No offense to the OP, but in a country with an average per capita income in the $800 per year range, home brewing is way down the list as a viable business. And let's not forget to mention alcohol is illegal in the country! It still is, right?

Are you in Dhaka? Maybe try to become friends with someone in an embassy and see if they can get some dry yeast mailed through their diplomatic pouch. Or maybe find a beer with active yeast and harvest the yeast. What about trying to get some yeast from someone who works at the Crown Beverage company?

Good luck!

@pagerage yes alcohol and sprites are still illegal for business. but i can brew for personal user and under 22% ABV (unless i have a license).

and at that yearly income, about 20% of our population have an income range under 250 USD per year. and yes i am at Dhaka and i have good friends. some of them are involved in politics, so i have nothing to worry about ;)
and i can not collect yeast form Crown Beverage company.

Back