So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
unionrdr said:
Brewing a PM NZ IPA today. Got about half way through runing the grains through a small food processor (no grain crusher yet) & it started overheating,since I didn't order the grain pre-crushed this time. gunna get a crusher when the federal refund comes in. Need a better crush that's also faster than this thing.

Sounds tasty! Perhaps a post in the recipe section on this one?

Gonna do the same when the fed gives me my money back, stir plate and grain mill.

Doing an original recipe (honey Kolsch) for its first trial, and my first-ever Kolsch.

The big question about this brew isn't really the brew-day itself, but clearing my pipeline sufficiently that I'll have a free keg for lagering when the beer's ready in a week or two.

I need more kegs, or a fermentation fridge big enough for a bucket. :smack:

-Rich

Brewing a Vienna/Cascade SMaSH. I wish I hadn't consumed every last drop of my Vienna/Warrior SMaSH. I guess I will have to use taste bud memory for comparison.

Doing a scaled down (1 gal) slightly tweaked version of Mr. Papazians Colonel Coffin Barley Wine Ale. Gonna use Chinook to bitter, Citra for flavor, and Cascade for Aroma.

Mashing a Kolsch right now - going to start the vourlauf in about 15min. Smells awesome. I do love a nice spring morning brew sesh.

Took forever crushing over 5lbs of grains in a mini food processor yesterday. would've been pretty late by the time I got done brewing & drying spent grains. so I'll brew the NZ IPA tomorrow. Grains are double bagged in the fridge till then...:mug:

Doing a robust porter today -
11# Maris Otter
1# Chocolate Malt
1# Brown Malt
1# Crystal 40
1# Organic Munich
1# Flaked Barley
8 oz. Black Patent
8 oz. Roasted Barley
8 oz. Crystal 120
8 oz. cara-Pils

I am taking my brewing outdoors for the first time! Huge burner, 10 gallon pot for 5 gallon brew. I figure an extract/steeping grains is a good way to calculate by boil-off on the new system before my next all-grain batch.

First, need to attend a wedding shower, then it's BREW TIME!

I am taking my brewing outdoors for the first time! Huge burner, 10 gallon pot for 5 gallon brew. I figure an extract/steeping grains is a good way to calculate by boil-off on the new system before my next all-grain batch.

First, need to attend a wedding shower, then it's BREW TIME!

Definate good way that's what I did

Brewed my Christmas Bier Sunday night. Used starter yeast. Initial OG 1.098. Fermenting quickly 9 hours later. 36 hours later, nothing in airflow. Thought it was stuck. Checked bucket lid. Must not have snapped her down, lid had popped up. Now 6 days later still going strong every 4 seconds.

Brewing my Sunnyside Hop Summer Wheat Ale. A beautiful day to brew in Indianapolis. 25 minutes left in my boil and three hop additions left. This is a good day.

45 minutes left in my boil of a Blonde Ale. Awesome weather here in St Louis, have some steaks grilling at the same time.

One minute from dough-in, got called in to work... 4 hours later and back on the case (gonna be a long night). Currently mashing a batch of Belgian Dark Strong Ale to be pitched with captured Chimay yeast.

Halfway through the sparge on a Tafelbier

^did your pipeline go dry or something ? Thats quite a few batches in just a couple days. Not that thats a bad thing :)

I want to brew a simple IPA today, recipe i worked out from what i have on hand. 2-row, cara-pils, crystal 10, columbus, and cascade. I don't have room in the kegerator just yet-- guess im gonna join the "ever hit a keg hard to get it to kick?" thread, LOL.

^did your pipeline go dry or something ? Thats quite a few batches in just a couple days.

I want to brew a simple IPA today, recipe i worked out from what i have on hand. 2-row, cara-pils, crystal 10, columbus, and cascade. I don't have room in the kegerator just yet-- guess im gonna join the "ever hit a keg hard to get it to kick?" thread, LOL.

Nah,just fillin the pipeline some more. trying to do at least one batch per month so as the bottles get ready for fridge time,I got plenty left coming into condition. this'll be three batches now,all partial mash.

^did your pipeline go dry or something ? Thats quite a few batches in just a couple days. Not that thats a bad thing :)

All beers for Club Night at NHC. Just want to make sure there's enough time to ferment and condition (even if two will be getting kegged) before it's time to pour em.

Absolutely dying to Brew my Ocktoberfest and also a cream ale but I have to wait for my brew partner who can't seem to find the time.

Mashed in 6lbs of grains @ 1:06. Rich bready smell from the UK grains with some others for color & added flavor. Gotta start heating sparge water @ 1:36...

Back