Punk Rock and Hardcore

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We edited the Circle Jerks guy into a t-shirt for my band

Nice. That's pretty funny.

A buddy of mine in high school got the Circle Jerks guy tattooed on his arm. It had "Wild In The Street" written above and below. The artist forgot the 's' in streets, we gave him **** about it all the time. He talked about going back to have it added on but never did. Then he decided to leave it like that permanently. Awesome.

Not sure how many of you are into Modern Life Is War, but they are back and recording a new album. First show at This Is Hardcore Fest this summer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice. That's pretty funny.

A buddy of mine in high school got the Circle Jerks guy tattooed on his arm. It had "Wild In The Street" written above and below. The artist forgot the 's' in streets, we gave him **** about it all the time. He talked about going back to have it added on but never did. Then he decided to leave it like that permanently. Awesome.

Haha, that's awesome. Here is our second shirt design, we really like them both.

white smash shirt.jpg

I grew up on bands like Black Flag, Subhumans, Minor Threat, GBH, Agent Orange, McRad, and the Rollins Band. I'm leaving a bunch out, but those are some of my favs!

3-29-13 Guido's, Frederick, MD. This was a cool little bar. We were thrown on this date at the last minute, so we were the opening band on a 5 band bill. There was no stage, it was just a small back room of the bar, so I didn't get a picture of it. I did however get a picture of the PA. It was just a Peavey 6 channel mixer, nothing spectacular. It was a good show that sounded great, but the only thing they put through the PA was vocals and kick. Picture of PA included.

FrederickMDPA.jpg

3-30-13 Lallo's Pizza, Brunswick, MD. This place is a bit of a conundrum. As we walked in I instantly recognized the design of the building as having a Southwestern feel to it. After being in the pizzeria a short while and noticing the staff in this establishment I came to the conclusion that it wasn't initially supposed to be a pizza place. Sure enough when looking at the menu they had Mexican food as well. What I think went down was this family started a Mexican restaurant in a tiny inland town of Maryland and no one from that area really ate much Mexican, so the family decided to have a pizza parlor as well. On to the show...

There was a huge party with several children dining at the establishment right before we started playing. We were joking about chasing them out just by playing and that's exactly what happened. You can see the party in the picture from behind the drums. The PA was a Behringer VMX-1000. The show went well, but the last two bands had no concept of time and both played for way longer than they should. They both sounded good and the last band had a strange Black Sabbath/Reggae sound. It doesn't sound like it would work, but I loved their performance. Pictures of PA and stage shot included.

LallosPABrunswick.jpg

Lallosstage.jpg

3-31-13 Drive to the airport, Pittsburgh, PA. The entire tour I kept checking the weather back in Phoenix. It was cold for this entire tour yet in the 70's and 80's back at home. I was thankful to be flying back home because the drive to the airport was a good reminder of what I was leaving. At the end of March in Maryland there was plenty of snow on the ground. Hooray for warm weather in AZ. Picture of snow included.

MDsnow.jpg

so my 2 y/o has a mohawk, like many other 2-6 y/o's in my town. only difference was he's the only one whose daddy rocked one on quite the regular basis. all the other daddies think they're Fred Durst.

We opened Wed night for Redbush, a punk band from Laramie, WY. It was a really fun show, not much of a turnout but thats what you get on a Wednesdsay. This was our first show with our main singer gone, he is in the Phillipines for 6 months for work, so we had to split singing between me and the guitar player, everyone said we sounded as good if not better! I'm the bass player in the black shirt. Forgot to take pics while Redbush was playing but got one of them being rockstars while we made them sign the records they had for sale. Good show.

WP_20130417_016.jpg

WP_20130417_017.jpg

WP_20130417_022.jpg

WP_20130417_026.jpg

Wow . I just found this thread. Makes me feel good to know I'm not the only punk out there in brewing. I have not joined a brewing club due to wondering how I would get accepted. I'm a tattoo artist and have a LOT of tattoo's. There's not many brewing groups that I know of here in Indiana. And the few I know of it seems the members are more upper middle class / dressing nice. That is NOT me. I'm a shorts and rock shirt kinda guy. But they all have been very cool people. There's a group called M.O.N.K. , they run the LHBS downtown Indy and they are very cool people.

Wow . I just found this thread. Makes me feel good to know I'm not the only punk out there in brewing. I have not joined a brewing club due to wondering how I would get accepted. I'm a tattoo artist and have a LOT of tattoo's. There's not many brewing groups that I know of here in Indiana. And the few I know of it seems the members are more upper middle class / dressing nice. That is NOT me. I'm a shorts and rock shirt kinda guy. But they all have been very cool people. There's a group called M.O.N.K. , they run the LHBS downtown Indy and they are very cool people.

I can say my local homebrew club has been mostly accepting, the younger guys are totally cool, and most of the older people are cool to me, and I'm fairly tatted up, some otehr members are as well. I'll have to hit you up for a brew and tat if I'm ever in Indy.

I heard about this from my brother. He worked at recording studio with drummer Stevenson in Colorodo.
from decendents back in the day. Man I'm getting old. I did grow up in L.A. in the 80's. Great time for punk and metal. Except for all the spandex cockrock.

Ya. Flag (with Keith Morris and Dez and Stevenson) is playing in Vegas at the punk Rock bowling Fest. Should be bad ass. And I got my fix to see Greg ginn and Ron Reyes in July. They re-opened The Vex and have been doing alot of cool shows there.

Just saw bad samaritans and D.I. Open for One Way System on Wednesday night.

I would love to see D.R.I. do a tour. They where one of my fav bands growing up. The mix of metal and Punk was awesome....!!!

I guess so, last time I saw them was mid 90's too I think. With JFA and Angry Samoans. Definitely think I'm gonna go to this show. It's a really cool venue too.

We have a local nano-brewer that does most (maybe all) of their brews around punk and hardcore bands. Burnt Hickory in Kennesaw, GA. They just celebrated their one year anniversary.

The brewery has old punk LP's pinned to the walls and stickers on everything. They recently did a Corrosion of Conformity brew... barrel-aged imperial raisin porter that the band helped formulate. They said CoC has tentatively said they're open to playing at the brewer for a tasting some time. Other beers include Killdozer, VOID, Cannon Clasher.

So I'm not just talking about punk and beer here's a little CoC for ya'!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ye old closet punk

Nah. I knew the answer. More just laughing at how that worked out.

More of a result of a preference to dressing smart than dressing like a crusty ass.

And a need to retrofit my wardrobe. At the minimum I need some new boots. And for whatever reason, I feel like I need a Fred Perry sweater vest. Finding one in a color that doesn't suck that won't cost me a fortune that I can rest assured isn't a cheap Hong Kong knockoff is proving more difficult than I'd like (this led me to Saks, but of course the one they have listed is **** and is unavailable anyway). I wish 99X was still open...

I suppose I could just go the route of the casuals (if you don't get the reference, I won't explain it on here)

Ive had problems finding clothing I like that still looks ok to public (jobs and stuff) I still wear T shirts that are 20 years old. I still have my 30 year old flight jacket and about 3 pares of old ass beat up Doc's from my teenage days. I have put up a very old black flag shirt that I just dont want it to deteriorate. Yes I'm old

I remember a guy came up to me at a party one time asking me if heard of this new band " landser" This was late 80's. (they were done by now. I didnt like them anyhow) I thought this was funny. He didnt even know they where german and thought they just had poor speaking skills. He was trying to tell me the lyrics as the song went. I laughed so hard at this dumb ass. I should have thrown him in the pit with the pitbulls, he would have liked the elbows.

itsme_timd said:
We have a local nano-brewer that does most (maybe all) of their brews around punk and hardcore bands. Burnt Hickory in Kennesaw, GA. They just celebrated their one year anniversary.

The brewery has old punk LP's pinned to the walls and stickers on everything. They recently did a Corrosion of Conformity brew... barrel-aged imperial raisin porter that the band helped formulate. They said CoC has tentatively said they're open to playing at the brewer for a tasting some time. Other beers include Killdozer, VOID, Cannon Clasher.

So I'm not just talking about punk and beer here's a little CoC for ya'!

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjPKy4-XqEE

Love their beers. Been to one open house since I work a lot of Saturdays but went by one Tuesday after work and hung out for a couple hours tried some of their beers and someone's home brews.

Love their beers. Been to one open house since I work a lot of Saturdays but went by one Tuesday after work and hung out for a couple hours tried some of their beers and someone's home brews.

They're doing some great stuff there for sure, they get really creative / adventurous in what they brew,too. They just bought out the rest of the building they're in as another tenant is leaving, they're going to expand and by next year plan to start bottling.

My favorites in no particular order:

Dayglo Abortions
Snfu
Misfits
Bad Religion
DI
Adolescents
Ramones
X
Throw Rag
TSOL
The Dwarves