What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Scottish 80/- with heather for aroma.

ForumRunner_20130410_212309.jpg

They are sold at the Steel Toe brewery. Make sure you get a couple pints at their newly opened taproom. Don't know how long it will be there but they have a damn good wee heavy that you can only grab there.

we're trying to plan a full weekend without our boys. I'd love to meet up with a bunch of you cities area brewers at a tap room!

we're trying to plan a full weekend without our boys. I'd love to meet up with a bunch of you cities area brewers at a tap room!

Very cool, let me know through a pm when you are planning on coming by and I'll make sure I can come out and meet ya out there.

Having some Undercover. Very good brew. On a different note, found out the place I work at is doing all of Sierra Nevada's seasonals every month. Should be a fun year.

Edit: posted this in the cigar thread first by accident. :drunk:

DisturbdChemist said:
It was a good night. Also picked up some lakewood tempests (milk stout) and the new ranger creek whiskey a mesquite smoked single malt whiskey. Can't wait till I open that one.

Finishing the night off with real ale- wee heavy. Yummy

I need to pick up some of that Lakewood milk stout. I saw it today, but chose a Jester King El Cedro instead. I try to limit my purchases to one thing, sometimes two, when I go to the liquor store. If not, I'll spend every penny I have. ;)

I need to pick up some of that Lakewood milk stout. I saw it today, but chose a Jester King El Cedro instead. I try to limit my purchases to one thing, sometimes two, when I go to the liquor store. If not, I'll spend every penny I have. ;)

I hear that. Already spent too much today.. thanks for putting the specs idea in my head. Also picked up some dogfish head hop-pickles. Hope those are good also

DisturbdChemist said:
I hear that. Already spent too much today.. thanks for putting the specs idea in my head. Also picked up some dogfish head hop-pickles. Hope those are good also

I need to save my money for the 20th so I can hand it all over to the Petrol Station in return for KBS. ;)
The pickles sound interesting. I've been looking in the IPA pickles thread recently contemplating making them. It's been a few years since I've made pickles, so I'm overdue.

Second kbs of the year. I appreciate it more with every sip. The finish is so damn long

I need to save my money for the 20th so I can hand it all over to the Petrol Station in return for KBS. ;)
The pickles sound interesting. I've been looking in the IPA pickles thread recently contemplating making them. It's been a few years since I've made pickles, so I'm overdue.

I have other expenses on the 20th that need tending to...

Second beer I've reviewed tonight and a damn good one!!! Leaves your tongue crazy dry though. Like almost that puckering tang you get from sours. Even still the flavors are incredible.

image-4256604464.jpg

xtian116 said:
Don't judge me, it's after noon somewhere! ;)

It's 1:15 here so you're good if you're worried about that sort of thing. ;)
I'm a firm believer that there isn't a time limit for drinking. Morning, noon, afternoon, evening, nighttime. It's all the right time!

eandersen said:
Second kbs of the year. I appreciate it more with every sip. The finish is so damn long

Ok, I'm going to prove my lack of 'good' beer education. What is this KBS everyone speaks of? Never heard of it before, and I try to keep up.

WesleyS said:
It's 1:15 here so you're good if you're worried about that sort of thing. ;)
I'm a firm believer that there isn't a time limit for drinking. Morning, noon, afternoon, evening, nighttime. It's all the right time!

I do have a time limit, well, more of a temp limit. If the beers cold enough, it's time to drink.

What do they soak you for KBS in Texas?

NIZZLE said:
What do they soak you for KBS in Texas?

Not sure yet. Founders is new to arrive here and is showing up on tap at certain places, no bottles yet. There's a big thing going on on 4/20 at one place along with Southern Tier Creme Brûlée and some other goodies that I'm planning to go to. I guess I'll find out then.

Not sure yet. Founders is new to arrive here and is showing up on tap at certain places, no bottles yet. There's a big thing going on on 4/20 at one place along with Southern Tier Creme Brûlée and some other goodies that I'm planning to go to. I guess I'll find out then.

Well one thing is for sure founders has awesome beer. And I'm glad I have access to all of it:)

NIZZLE said:
Well one thing is for sure founders has awesome beer. And I'm glad I have access to all of it:)

I've had the Porter and Breakfast Stout from them. In fact I still have one Breakfast Stout left in the fridge. Amazing beer and I'm glad they're finally going to be distributed here.

A little off topic, does anyone remember Red Wolf ale by Anheuser Busch? Man I loved that stuff. When that came out, I stopped drinking crap beer. I'd love to try one of those now.

Greenbush Brewings Closure Pale Ale. This version is really strong on the bitter finish but nice balance. They change the hops and hop schedule everytime they brew this so its always a different beer. Another really good Greenbush beer

ForumRunner_20130411_163143.jpg

Checking the progress of my It's A Trapp! Belgian style pale ale. I used Trappist ale yeast and used Sorachi Ace for all of the late and dry hop additions. Pretty good but will probably be even better after a couple more weeks in the bottle.

image-2809985756.jpg

image-3946245694.jpg

HB Coffee Brown as I try to find the energy to clean the garage so I can brew tomorrow. These are not helping.

Back