Boilr off rates with a 25 Gallon Mega Pot in Beersmith

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Surly

Reaction score
I will be introducing my new boil kettle to the flame tomorrow. I know there are a lot of variables in determining boil off rates. But I would like to start the process of configuring the rate from some bases of knowledge. I was wondering if anybody uses a 25 Gallon Mega Pot as a brew kettle and what you set your boil off numbers at?

Thanks

12-15% is good place to start and then make adjustments after your first brew. So if you were doing a 20 gallon batch and you were assuming a 12% boil off, then you would want to boil 20 / 0.88 = ~22.75 gallons. Alternatively, you could do a mock boil with water only before brewday and dial it in from the start.

12-15% is good place to start and then make adjustments after your first brew. So if you were doing a 20 gallon batch and you were assuming a 12% boil off, then you would want to boil 20 / 0.88 = ~22.75 gallons. Alternatively, you could do a mock boil with water only before brewday and dial it in from the start.

TY I appreciate your response.

Back