Equally Obnoxious Hockey Trash Talk Thread, eh?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The goaltending sucks, the defense sucks, and Edmonton is putting themselves in an unenviable position of having to spend $24+ million on 4 forwards just as the cap is coming down.

It's a perfect example of why tanking is not even close to a sure-fire way to build a quality hockey team. You need to draft, trade, develop, and sign free agents all at once. Extremely hard to do. Basically it boils down to being able to judge talent better than everyone else - which is something Edmonton's front office has been sucking at for several years now.

Edmonton is putting themselves in an unenviable position of having to spend $24+ million on 4 forwards just as the cap is coming down..

Hall and Eberle are signed at 6 million, do you honestly think Nuge is worth that or gonna get it?? If he does without a HUGE improvement than MacT is a bigger idiot than I thought. Jury is out on yakupov, only one year in league too early to make any call on him. He played an ok half season. I assume these are the four your referring to.

Badly needed win for the Wild last night vs Kings. My heart fluttered a little bit as the puck breezed across the crease with 12 seconds left (clutch save) and then again with 3 seconds left, but all ended well. Home game vs the Oil on Friday. A win would lock up a spot.

L.A., please play hungry and pissed off when you head to Detroit.

Badly needed win for the Wild last night vs Kings. My heart fluttered a little bit as the puck breezed across the crease with 12 seconds left (clutch save) and then again with 3 seconds left, but all ended well. Home game vs the Oil on Friday. A win would lock up a spot.

L.A., please play hungry and pissed off when you head to Detroit.

Detroit's gonna win. The Oil will lose.

Source: crystal ball.

If the Wings play like they did against Phoenix, they might actually make it to the playoffs. Chicago in the first round will suck though.

Pres. trophy winner never wins the cup though. Since they gotta lose sometime, might as well be in the first round!

Pres. trophy winner never wins the cup though. Since they gotta lose sometime, might as well be in the first round!

Never?

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?id=5549

So-Youre-a-Toronto-Fan-.-..jpg

If the Wings play like they did against Phoenix, they might actually make it to the playoffs. Chicago in the first round will suck though.

If the Hawks play the Wings in the first round it will likely be a sweep, just like the regular season. President's trophy might be a curse, but it has to be broken sometime.

Don't get too excited there fellas. Okay it's happened once in the last 10 years. Whoopdedoo.

If the Hawks play the Wings in the first round it will likely be a sweep, just like the regular season. President's trophy might be a curse, but it has to be broken sometime.

Also allow me to point out the 2000-2001 NHL season. Led by an all-star cast of incredible talent and goal-scoring, the Ottawa Senators (81-1) fell to the 7th-seed Maple Leafs (37-45) who were built with nothing but grit in mind. And it wasn't even close - they got swept.

So before you start flashing your Kane/Toews boners all over the place, keep in mind that a Detroit team with nothing to lose could prove to be a dangerous foe.

Sincerely,
leaf-fan-waiting-for-cup.jpg

So before you start flashing your Kane/Toews boners all over the place, keep in mind that a Detroit team with nothing to lose could prove to be a dangerous foe.

It's not Kane and Toews that have the Hawks in first place, it's the 3rd and 4th liners that play like 1st and 2nd liners.

I'd take datsyuk past his prime over most up and comers.

Yeah, but can most up and comers help propel a franchise towards another cup? Not likely, and neither will Datsyuk. I'm not saying he sucks, but rather that the team needs additional offensive capabilities before they'll be a contender again.

We think alike. I believe this is Washington's year - somehow. Ovechkin is like a man possessed.

Absolutely. He's always been really competitive but this year has been crazy (in the latter part). I think he got a fire lit under his ass after Milbury called him out mid-season for sloppy play.

The Nyquist, Brunner, Anderson third line has been good and dangerous as of late. And the Wings finally seem to be playing with some intensity.

Nyquist got himself into the thick of things tonight. As he gets more involved in the team look for him to be moving up lines.

Absolutely. He's always been really competitive but this year has been crazy (in the latter part). I think he got a fire lit under his ass after Milbury called him out mid-season for sloppy play.

I refuse to believe the media - especially an idiot like Milbury - has any effect on players' attitudes whatsoever.

Gotta love that Crosby has been the top scorer for all of April up until last night, missing 11 games. Can't wait for that whole team to get back together on the ice and end these Washington is the team in the east comments

I refuse to believe the media - especially an idiot like Milbury - has any effect on players' attitudes whatsoever.

Amen. Most of the time when players are interviewed and made aware of the a$$holish comments that Milbury makes about them, they're all surprised, laugh and call him an assclown. I think they go out of their way to NOT listen to the media. And I'm glad.

Damn it, I don't want our boys to play Detroit. I need Columbus to keep up their winning streak.

Gotta love that Crosby has been the top scorer for all of April up until last night, missing 11 games. Can't wait for that whole team to get back together on the ice and end these Washington is the team in the east comments

Oh please, that has been said pretty much every year since Crosby joined. The reason nobody else decides to say anything about Pittsburgh is that we ALL know the team is stacked... and yet they've been pretty consistently underperforming when you consider who the team is actually made up of.

Washington, on the other hand (similar to LA), got off to an absolutely terrible start. Had they even started out just playing .500 (LET ALONE the rate they've been WINNING afterwards), they'd likely be the #1 seed right now. People are giving Washington props because they deserve it, plain and simple.

And "top scorers" are virtually meaningless
The top two scorers right now (let's say even if they were 2 and 3 behind Crosby) are TEAMMATES. So if Crosby being #1 means the Pens are great, surely this team that has 2 players in the top 2 (or even 3) means their team surely must be amazing, right? Oh wait... Tampa Bay is 2nd last in the east and 3rd last overall! With the 2 top scorers! All it means is that the rest of their team is that much worse and that those 2 players are literally carrying them to the few wins they even have.

It's undeniable that Pittsburgh is stacked. The players have even colluded a bit, taking lower salaries to allow that to happen. And why not? Crosby could accept a $0 salary from the Pens and he'd still make a fortune, so it's easy for him to give up a bit of money in return for the promise of glory. Except that, stacked as Pittsburgh is, they aren't dominating nearly as much as they should on paper. And that's why NOBODY really gives a shìt about Pittsburgh.

Hey there, Milbury is a genius. Why, just look at the excellent work he did as the Islanders' GM.

One word: LEGACY

Teams that just belong in the playoffs:
-Toronto
-Chicago
-Montreal
-Rangers
-Bruins
-Red Wings

This is just right. It feels proper. The most important franchises in the most important tournament. LETS GET STARTED!

Let the hate flow forth! I know your little rant made you feel better so that's good. I'm still happy with my team this year. Since they've gone 22-3 against playoff teams this year. I think that gives them a fighting chance. Welcome back Sid! Light em up!

Let the hate flow forth! I know your little rant made you feel better so that's good. I'm still happy with my team this year. Since they've gone 22-3 against playoff teams this year. I think that gives them a fighting chance. Welcome back Sid! Light em up!

Wannabe Leafs fan! The hate feels good, doesn't it? :mug:

And the wings win four in a row and finally look like a real Red wings team. Even managed to get the 7th seed.

I know :ban:

I stopped watching, but that doesn't mean I stopped believing. I just wanted to save $50 on my cable bill by dropping TV.

Well, Red Wings sure made a statement with their streak at the end of season. Now they're up against the Ducks in the 1st round, what are the predictions?

I say Ducks in 6, but the series is back and forth and grueling; whoever wins will get knocked out in the 2nd round due to injuries and exhaustion.

Back