First stuck fermentation :(

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SeraphX117

Reaction score
I had my first stuck fermentation today, now I'm quite upset. Grain was right, mash temp (152), full conversion (iodine test), pitched at 70F exactly, everything seemed perfect! OG was 1.052, ended at 1.020 with s-05. Temp stayed at 70F (+or-2F)whole time. All I can come up with is that I got bad yeast. I tried rousing the yeast-nothing. Murphy got me again, I knew the brew day went to perfect! I don't really have a question, just venting frustration.

p.s. beer will probably still taste good, just not what I wanted

Anyone else ever had a perfect brew day and everything ended badly?

On my first brew I ended up with a stuck fermentation and was pretty bummed... Now that I have read a ton and just got my second batch in I'm hoping for better luck! So far I hit the og on the money... Had a starter made 3 days before... Pitched at 73% and a day later it seems to be cruising along. I am really really hoping I can hold the temp and it doesn't stall on me or I'll be disappointed again! If it happens again I'm for sure building a ferm chamber to brew in tx lol.

Back