600 Yards Iron Sight Mosin Nagant!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grizz

Reaction score
What's up HBT members! Today I got a chance to get out with my trusty ole Mosin Nagant and do some shooting at 600 yards. I was shooting at a 1/2" steel plate that is 16" x 21", I had it hanging from chains on a saw horse. I used Brown Bear 174gr FMJ ammo. I hope you guys enjoy the video! Please tell me what you think!!

600 Yards Mosin Nagant!

Nice!!! You try shooting mil surplus out it? Or Some of the Russian surplus sniper "match ammo"? 7n6 is what I think it is.

Nice!!! You try shooting mil surplus out it? Or Some of the Russian surplus sniper "match ammo"? 7n6 is what I think it is.

I've shot some mil surplus, I think it was Bulgarian steel core surplus. If you check my video webpage I shot a surplus Bulgarian round at a 1" thick steel block from 100 yards, just to show the damage. I'd love to get my hands on some of that sniper 7n6 stuff your talking about! Thanks for watching!

Good work. This video makes me want to get my MN out for a little fun. I just have some Barnaul surplus ammo, but I really enjoy shooting with it.

I saw Munden making shots at 600 with a .44 mag handgun with open sights on TV one time. I do believe he was using some pretty hot loads though cause you could see him wince a little after each shot. Either way though, it's a tough shot to make.

I'm known for being a "dead-nuts on the money shot", but I can't see 600yards, much less hit something. Nice shooting.

Back