Take too long to "pull" your pork?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's sweet man. I use bear claws. Two weeks ago I made a 10# roast and it took forever to shread it.

If you were pulling maybe 150lb of pork I would maybe consider using one of those. However I am one of those guys that removes as much solid fat as I can, so I would still go through it with a gloved hand.

I agree with the above statement about meat not cooked enough if its difficult to pull a single butt.

I don't think anyone would suggest you need this thing to pull a single shoulder. Hell, you can stir a 5 gallon bucket of paint with a big stir stick too, but I don't recommend it. Actually, I bet the big stirring paddle for joint compound would do a good job bangin up a shoulder.

no, you don't need to "pull" it. The whole point was, instead of having to glove up and spend 15 min getting the pork to desired sized shreds, this took 15 sec's tops. It pulled 3 10 lb butts in 30 secs after this clip was taken. It was a gift, no I would not spend the money on it. I thought you may get a laugh out of this, to each their own. Yes, the meat was cooked (14 hrs @230* till 195*, blades fell out as I was taking them out), I do a wee bit of smoking. This merely made it so you could feed a mass of people easily and quickly.

is it necessary? probably not

this redneck still approves and gives it a HELL YEAH!

and, when you think of that HELL YEAH, imagine Danny Joe Brown yellin' it, like at the beginning of Bounty Hunter.

Fun toy. I wouldn't pay for it but that's cause I rarely pay for something I can do on my own. I own 2 specialized kitchen utencils. A mandolin and a fry cutter. The former because thinly slicing things stinks, and the latter because I love making fries and that makes making fries easier.

Haha but anyhoo if I got that for free I would use that sucker every chance I got! I never thought about it but yea.. How many cooking utensils does one have that uses power tools!!

Haha but anyhoo if I got that for free I would use that sucker every chance I got! I never thought about it but yea.. How many cooking utensils does one have that uses power tools!!

Drill_e5042a_562951.jpg

Back