What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a great beer! Thank you LoloMT7!!!

ForumRunner_20130419_171236.png

Sipping (chugging really) this one down while I boil some brats in a maple nut porter for my first grill session of the year.

ForumRunner_20130419_171447.png

Oh yea, and its snowing out too........

Was on the fence on this one then the wife surprised me with it for an early birthday gift and sure am glad she did it is pretty dam good has this awesome aroma and the taste is phenomenal glad she pulled a 4 pack for me

image-3241941679.jpg

it might help. my Horehound Belgian Strong ended at 10.5% & had a hard time carbing up. I started swirling the bottles every other day or so, now they're fully carbed.

3711 side of my Saison split. was more of a fan of the 3711 at first, but I seem to be drinking more of the 565. the proof is in the pint.

0419131728.jpg

Billy-Klubb said:
it might help. my Horehound Belgian Strong ended at 10.5% & had a hard time carbing up. I started swirling the bottles every other day or so, now they're fully carbed.

Interesting. I suppose it couldn't hurt anything.
Better yet, I'll take them to Sherwin Williams and have them put the bottles in the paint shaker. ;)

1fast636 said:
Not as happy with this as I thought I was going to be its ok not terrible but deffinitly not great in any sence of the word

That's because it's magic hat and made with town water lol where did you pick that up at? I saw this and thought it may have tasted good. But then I was like nah ill get something else

Checking on the bottled portion of my DIPA.
Bottled 3/20. 10.2% ABV equals no carbonation yet. There was the slightest little psstt when I opened it. It will be a while before this stuff is carbed. Next time I brew this, I need to make sure my 5 gallon keg is available so I can keg the entire batch.

Atleast it still tastes good.

I rehydrate 1g from the blue pack Cuvee yeast in my priming solution once it has cooled enough. Had some problems with my first higher ABV brews, one of which was lagered a month and took forever to carb.

View attachment 116574

Cigar City Bolita. 9% abv double brown ale. Awesome. 750's make me feel fancy.

A friend hooked me up with cases of 750s. Even homebrew is fancy when it's in them, especially if it's corked. You make me jealous with all the Cigar City stuff. Have you been to 7th Sun? A friend brought me back a bottle from his vacatio there this summer and it was great.

Not as happy with this as I thought I was going to be its ok not terrible but deffinitly not great in any sence of the word

In Forrest Gump voice: Wheat wine is like a box of chocolates...

TNGabe said:
I rehydrate 1g from the blue pack Cuvee yeast in my priming solution once it has cooled enough. Had some problems with my first higher ABV brews, one of which was lagered a month and took forever to carb.
Yeah, I'll probably re-yeast if I try to bottle this stuff again. But I'll probably plan on kegging it from now on. It's different to let other styles sit to carb, but I'd rather drink an IPA as soon as possible.
In Forrest Gump voice: Wheat wine is like a box of chocolates...

Speaking of, is the wheat wine you sent me ready to drink? Or better to let it sit a bit?

Yeah, I'll probably re-yeast if I try to bottle this stuff again. But I'll probably plan on kegging it from now on. It's different to let other styles sit to carb, but I'd rather drink an IPA as soon as possible.

Speaking of, is the wheat wine you sent me ready to drink? Or better to let it sit a bit?

I don't think my poor self control could handle 10% abv on tap.

I drank half, saving half until it gets cold again. Last one I had seemed a little hot, maybe becasue the hops have faded? Drink it and if it doesn't seem ready, I'll send another one next time to save. :D

mcbaumannerb said:
This is almost as good as KBS ... without the drama and cost of finding it!

I like the propping of the bottle cap. That is key when trying to capture the goodness. The name dragon milk alone makes it sound badass.

rockbasementbeer said:
I live about half an hour from their brewery, ithaca beers are everywhere here!

Flower power is not that bad. Like you i live 30 minutes from a few breweries. Alchemist being the obvious #1

This is almost as good as KBS ... without the drama and cost of finding it!

View attachment 116620

Isn't that half the fun? My favorite flavor is rare. Haha. I had KBS for the first time maybe 2 months ago. Someone brought it to a tasting - lavender wax on a screw top. 06, past it's prime.

I like the propping of the bottle cap. That is key when trying to capture the goodness. The name dragon milk alone makes it sound badass.

I think Nukebrewer started that, at least around here.

TNGabe said:
I don't think my poor self control could handle 10% abv on tap.

I drank half, saving half until it gets cold again. Last one I had seemed a little hot, maybe becasue the hops have faded? Drink it and if it doesn't seem ready, I'll send another one next time to save. :D

Alright, drinking now. :D

image-987681254.jpg

A little hot. I bet this will be good late this year.
What's the ABV on this?

TNGabe said:
About 9.2. Hope you like the sour porter, at least.
Oh good. 9.2 should follow two pours of 10.2 nicely. :) Starting the weekend off right!
I've enjoyed all four you sent so far. I have no reason to doubt that I will enjoy the sour porter. I currently have it at room temp since you recommended that. Just let me know when you think I should chill and drink.

Back