Remote Pump Switch

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fastmetal

Reaction score
This may have been suggested before but I thought I'd post anyway just because it's such a great idea.

I recently bought a pump and was turning it on and off by plugging it in and unplugging it. That obviously is a pain in the arse so I was going to build a pump stand with an outlet and light switch to control it until I ran across this bad boy.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00A1CC5P0/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

It works great and is even better than the light switch option as you can control the pump from anywhere which means you can be doing one thing (like getting a beer from the fridge) and turn your pump on or off if you need to from 25' away. I bought the one with 2 remotes because I know I will eventually drop one in the wort since I'm a clutz. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I do the same, bought mine a few years ago (Got the idea form catt22), you can find them for about $10 at xmas time. On one I paid $5 at Menards in late December, was on sale. I also use one to control the grain mill drill.

tom

Those remotes are a nice feature, BUT you still have to use one of your hands to press the button. I have a (Stanley) foot switch I got a yard sale for a buck. Hands free. Plug your pump into it, the other end of it to the wall outlet. it lights up when the switch is on. I find I really need 3 hands while Im brewing You know, 1 to hold the beer your drinking LOL.I've seen new "FOOT SWITCHES" anywhere from 3 -25 Bucks . :mug:

Back