5 gal corny keg as a randall?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jperry

Reaction score
Could someone with a bunch of extra hops, and an extra corny keg, potentially rig up and use a 5 gal keg as a hop randall? make a filter, over the "randall" keg diptube, fill it up with fresh hops and dispense a fresh keg through the randall keg? Oh, it sounds too dreamy at first. but **** just imagine after a harvest...:ban:

P.s. this sounds like it could work, i'm just a little drunk right now, which is why i posted the thread in this forum.

The worst part of the idea is you'd lose a crapton of your brew to all those hops. That, and the probability that it would act as a humongous decarbonation device, would certainly put the idea out of my head.

So, yeah, go for it - and take lots of pictures!

Cheers! ;)

Im not actually gonna do this, I was just wondering. but question, would the beer decarbonate as a reaction to the nucleation sites on hops? I thought the sealed keg would keep the co2 in solution. sidenote, I already lose a crapton of brew to hops.

Back