Savannah Trip planning

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChefJoeR

Reaction score
Ok, heading to Savannah with the wife for a Sunday to Monday trip. Already know a couple of places to go, not her choice! Distillery Savannah is one along with maybe Circa 1875 (because the have foie gras, can't turn that down). We love gastropubs and eclectic foods, so we are looking for a place like that. When we went to Denver a couple of months ago we went here http://www.euclidhall.com/menus.html and it was one of the best meals we have had in a while along with ChoLan in Denver. Looking for something like that in Savannah. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Also don't mind a hole in the wall if the food is good. Had one of the best tacos from a garage restaurant in Mexico cooked by a 14 year old kid. Mmmm, beef tongue

Just took a look at the Pink House. No offense, but way out of our style. Looks like something my mother might love, complete opposite of us. Really looking for something that has a pork-centric menu or flavor to it. Got a buddy who is friends with the owner of "Sandfly BBQ" so definitely heading there. Not looking for a place that we have to sit up straight at.

I know this is a bit late to your post... I'm a grease monkey by trade. I love cold beer, rock and roll, and muscle cars. I'm not a sit up straight or put my pinky out by any means. I'm not a fan of yuppie places either... But I will say, go to the Pink house's basement on a tuesday night and sit at the bar and order a beer and listen to the pianist... I ride my harley down there, park it outside, and I sit there in shorts and a biker T-shirt. No one has ever said a word to me or looked down on me. Their steak is AWESOME! They do have a couple of bars there too...so you can go to the basement or take a seat in the "sports" bar. But it isn't bad! At least give it one try!

Back