What's your favorite hot sauce?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tabasco on eggs and pizza, Franks on everything else if I cook 5 gal of Brunswick stew or chili this is my go to stuff

http://www.hotsauceworld.com/hottest-hot-sauce.html :rockin:

It used to come with a little spoon that screwed inside a bullet key chain to measure it out with, you the little spoon rich people use to snort coke all day.

Ah yes Bulgogi, its the gateway Korean food :D

Ahhhh... The benefits of being married to a half Korean!! Daeji Bulgogi in our house every now and again. Not as much as I would like though. She likes the ribs more than bulgogi so that gets more play in our kitchen. Not a bad thing though.

Tabasco (red, green, chipotle, you name it), especially the Family Reserve (hotter, thicker consistency, better flavor)
Crystals when I need something with less heat
Dave's Insanity when I need something with more heat
Marie Sharps or Sriracha for most everything else

I like crystal and sriracha for daily use, but my favorite gotta be good ol Walkerswood

2332-2963.jpg

Props to post #8 in this thread. Here is another version of El Yucateco's Hot Sauce. It is among the best of the lesser known, yet still readily available brands...

habanero.jpg

I like Pete,s as a GP sauce. Tabasco is not a great flavor for me,but really like the chipotle flavored variety. Researching making my own, that's how I found this thread.

Chipotle Tabasco is amazing!

I had to switch away from Tapatio and Sriracha, something in both of those started to make me really sick, like in Dumb and Dumber. Even the slightest bit and I'd be sick the next day.

FermentNEthinG said:
I love using anything Marie Sharpe. Also if you can take a little heat. Bone yard Brew hot sauce is fantastic. Tapatio, sirachi, and texas pete all have there place in my fridge.

Marie Sharp's is one of my absolute favorites - the 'belizean heat' is great flavor and decently hot. There are hotter options, though I feel like the flavor is unmatched.

Recently tried a hot sauce (cayenne?) from the Hawaiian island of Kauai that was pretty awesome. Can't seem to find the name of it though.

54 posts and not one shout out to Tapatio? That might be my favorite hot sauce of all time.

tapatio.jpg

Valentina extra hot (the black label) is lovely.

Tobasco is a decent sauce if you know where to use it (in clam chowder or in a bag of microwave popcorn, for example).

Siracha mostly all the way. Ill let out my secret, marinate bacon with a good helping of siracha, cinnamon apple sauce and black pepper, stirring occasionally. Start out cooking the bacon covered, then well done it open untill the juice is evaporated and cooked in all crispy like.

This makes what i like to call candy bacon. Try it on a chicken avocado burger and your life will never be the same. Habanero/carrot hot sauce is also good on other things. Mrs Renfros ghost pepper salsa is A MUST TRY. I use it in fish dishes. It comes with a warning label.

Franks or if I'm local shopping Angel's. If youre ever in Savannah, you must find Angels BBQ. It's in the lane (alley), one of SAV. Last originals.

Rise Thread RISE!!

Just had some Colon Cleaner with my burrito's. It is one of the best hot sauces I have had in a while. So much flavor with a nice heat back bone. The name may throw you off but this would be absolute killer on a venison roast.

:rockin:

Get a jar of Sambal Oelek (ground up chili peppers). Sizzle it up along with an equal part of butter and a splash of vinegar makes a killer wing sauce.\

Add a few green thai chilies and some lime juice makes a great dip for spring rolls etc.

High in heat it can be used straight in stir fry, as a dip for breadsticks or on any type of fish.

I use it along with a variety of other ingredients in everything from chili to stuffed cabbage.

bosco

I've been having Cholula Chipotle and Chili Lime hot sauce lately. They are sufficiently hot enough to satisfy my taste but still so mild that my wife can handle it. The nice thing is that the ingredient list on the labels is short and there is nothing that the average home cook can't easily obtain, those are two things I like in packaged foods.

My older son can't have hot spicy stuff anymore,so he gave me a shelf full of Chipotly,ghost chili,scorpian sauces. Good stuff,but my go to is Trappy's Red Devil hot sauce. Nice heat & plenty of flavor. Thicker than ones like Frank's & better tasting. My boys started dipping their potato chips in it at age 6!

My older son can't have hot spicy stuff anymore,so he gave me a shelf full of Chipotly,ghost chili,scorpian sauces. Good stuff,but my go to is Trappy's Red Devil hot sauce. Nice heat & plenty of flavor. Thicker than ones like Frank's & better tasting. My boys started dipping their potato chips in it at age 6!

What can you really do with ghost chili? Can you actually get flavor out of it, or is it just a double-end burner?

Ghost chili & scorpian chilis make a sauce that's sort smoky,fruity peppery goodness...for a couple seconds. Then that real heat hit's you...on both ends. These farts are gunna hurt. But dang,a little of those sauces is pretty good. I just use Trappy's when I want a good mix of flavor & heat. The heat on the scorpian sauce hits you a bit faster.

I did do Franks growing up till I found Texas Pete. Now I keep a giant glass jug of it in the fridge.

Tabasco is my go to for breakfast and bloody marys.

Sriracha is finding it's way into more and more of my food. I use it all the time in Asian food and it's great for marinating and cooking with. Basically a chili paste. Try marinating shrimp, chicken or pork in a mix of Sriracha, soy sauce, ginger, oil and some lemon juice. Grill, saute or stir fry with veggies....

Crystal hot sauce, I was the lead maint tech there and would have them make a bottle with extra capsicum in it, very very very hot

I've tried a number of different hot sauces, most were very good... the best I've ever had was home made by a friend of mine. Got to the point that I couldn't eat anything without it. I have no idea what peppers he used, or how it was made, but it was really good stuff.

Now I'm a Tabassco man with chronic heartburn. I love hot sauce, onions, tomato sauce, and greasy food... My belly doesn't like it when I eat any of those things though. I guess that's why god created Prilosec OTC.

Get a jar of Sambal Oelek (ground up chili peppers).

I'll cast another vote for this but be sure to get the Huy Fong. Made right here in the USA (by a Vietnamese guy) this is better than any I was ever given in Indonesia and a gallon jar costs about $12. Never thought of mixing it with butter and vinegar. Sounds good!

I still like my Trappy's red devil louisian hot sauce. Thicker with good balance of flavor & heat. Then there's trinidad scorpian pepper & naga jalokia (ghost chili) sauces for once in a while. With this cold,I think I need some trappy's & corn chips...

unionrdr said:
I still like my Trappy's red devil louisian hot sauce. Thicker with good balance of flavor & heat. Then there's trinidad scorpian pepper & naga jalokia (ghost chili) sauces for once in a while. With this cold,I think I need some trappy's & corn chips...

Just finished with a batch of my homemade roasted jalepeno/habenero hot sauce. All bottled up and ready to roast some tails.

image-1602353516.jpg

Back