What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image-1022054429.jpg

HB Coffee Brown. I can't wait to keg v2 of this beer.

image-3618646562.jpg

Double Fistin' from Snake River Brewing. Tastes like a more bitter version of Pakos. They must get some fruity esters from their yeast strain. It's really good.

Craigtube inspired apple cider I put together 4 months back. After making this I came across the Edwort recipe. It's pretty much the same thing.

At four month's it tastes better than batches I made and drank earlier. Still not great. I'll leave the rest for another couple of months before sampling again.

(Side note - after a single glass I'm feeling the effects. Great for getting drunk but I'd prefer it taste nice as well.)

Leffe Blond...at anchor watching a simultaneous sunset and moon rise in Bocas del Toro Panama with my Blonde...life could be a whole lot worse!

Bought a bomber of Bear Republics Hop Rod Rye that I am planning to enjoy with dinner tonight.

Skipped my shifter at work tonight, rough day at worm and just wanted to be gone.

Solid beer (lot 6). Incredible on draft too.

Just split a DFH 61 with my girlfriend. She loved it, but its not my style..

Taste more like a carbonated wine than an IPA.

Terrapin Project 19 - Mosaic. Was expecting much more.

View attachment 118022

I agree. I saw it, got excited, and bought two bottles. Now the other bottle has been in the fridge for 2 weeks and i have no plans on drinking it any time soon.

They should have done a pale ale or IPA to showcase the Mosaic.

I brewed a DIPA with Mosaic, Galaxy and Nelson and it was fantastic. I feel like the malts they used are all muddled and do not let the hop shine

Looks tasty. I'm thinking about brewing a Kolsch next Saturday now that its officially getting warm here an it's a good warm weather beer.

I've been sampling to see how it is coming along, but definitely saving it for those miserable hot days!

Now the real party starts! Dark Horse Crooked Tree single hop pack. 3 Crooked Tree, 3 Falconers Crooked Tree, 3 Citra Crooked Tree and 3 Cascade Crooked Tree.

Now that's a variety pack that I would buy! Hopefully it shows up around here soon.

Terrapin Project 19 - Mosaic. Was expecting much more.

Was it good but just not what you hoped for? I just grabbed one last night and hope I didn't make a mistake!

Dry stout I brewed about, oh... a year ago... has been in the keg for quite a while! Long story... anyway, while it is past it's prime, it is still quite good and well worth drinking. I am happy and relaxing quite nicely, thank you :)

InityBrew said:
I agree. I saw it, got excited, and bought two bottles. Now the other bottle has been in the fridge for 2 weeks and i have no plans on drinking it any time soon.

They should have done a pale ale or IPA to showcase the Mosaic.

I brewed a DIPA with Mosaic, Galaxy and Nelson and it was fantastic. I feel like the malts they used are all muddled and do not let the hop shine

I bought three, 2 for me, 1 for trade. I think I got a really good idea of what mosaic is from that beer.
From my experience, Nelson (which I love btw) overpowers any other hop, including, but not limited to chinook, Simcoe, and summit (every late addition combo that I have tried with it).
I got a slight vegetal taste from it, which shouldn't have anything to do with the caramel malts in it, but everyone will have a different opinion of it. Would I buy it again? No.

Back