6 pack trade anyone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am interested. I'll need to rethink my packaging. I pretty much only keg right now.

Would bottling in 20 oz soda bottles make shipping easier? It would certainly minimize the potential for breakage.

I'm in guys. I probably could only do 3-4 different kind of beers, unless you want me to double up to make a six pack.

PM me- A Vienna lager, A light lager, an insanely hopped Mosaic-Galaxy-Centennial IPA.

Alright guys do what do y'all think of those rules? How binding are they? I never thought to restrict it to supporting members only but if that's what y'all want then let's do that.

I'm stoked. With 16+ guys we may have to do a few rounds. I will have 4 beers ready within the next 2 weeks, maybe 5.

thood6 said:
Alright guys do what do y'all think of those rules? How binding are they? I never thought to restrict it to supporting members only but if that's what y'all want then let's do that.

I'd be out as I am not a supporting member, but would love to participate

I think he was just saying that you have to be a supporting member to setup/organize an exchange. I would think that anyone could participate though.

Bottled my Oatmeal stout last night, so it should be ready to go in a couple of weeks. I also have a Le Petite Orange(Belgian Dubbel) that is ready. And will be bottling my Apfelwein hopefully this weekend ;)

Gotcha. How about everyone pm with a list of their beers and what they like and I'll figure out some grouping.

I don't think there's any reason to exclude anyone. The Make a Wish thread that KeyWestBrewing started is open to non-supporting members, but does have a restriction on length of membership and number of posts. Maybe do something like that?

Gotcha. How about everyone pm with a list of their beers and what they like and I'll figure out some grouping.

I'm generally of the mindset of you catch more bees with honey...meaning I don't think anyone should be excluded from trading by not being a supporting member of HBT, but it should be made known that this trade was made possible by HBT and to show support when you can. Especially if we make this a quarterly or semi-annual event.

A couple of things need to be nailed down (and these are just food for thought to spur discussion):
-Return postage, should be in the form of a pre-paid (UPS) label included in the box you send to the central guy (Hub).
-Hub needs to be a supporting member.
-Send any number of beer styles so long as you send Twelve 12oz or greater bottles.
(For those who want feedback on a few different beers)
-Not everyone will receive every type of beer sent in, but everyone will receive 12 beers...hopefully not one of the ones they sent in.
-Bottles can be glass or plastic.
-Recipes will be sent with the beers along with the senders e-mail address and HBT user name and any notes the brewer wants to add. i.e. I brewed this beer because...using this particular method in order to achieve...this is my attempt to clone...etc.
-And this is an important one-- Everyone who receives the beers MUST send the sender their brutally honest tasting notes to either the brewers e-mail address or PM via the HBT web site. Alternatively we can (and I hope we do) have discussions about our brews in open threads, but the brewer must be the one to start the thread.

JayDubWill said:
I'm generally of the mindset of you catch more bees with honey...meaning I don't think anyone should be excluded from trading by not being a supporting member of HBT, but it should be made known that this trade was made possible by HBT and to show support when you can. Especially if we make this a quarterly or semi-annual event.

A couple of things need to be nailed down (and these are just food for thought to spur discussion):
-Return postage, should be in the form of a pre-paid (UPS) label included in the box you send to the central guy (Hub).
-Hub needs to be a supporting member.
-Send any number of beer styles so long as you send Twelve 12oz or greater bottles.
(For those who want feedback on a few different beers)
-Not everyone will receive every type of beer sent in, but everyone will receive 12 beers...hopefully not one of the ones they sent in.
-Bottles can be glass or plastic.
-Recipes will be sent with the beers along with the senders e-mail address and HBT user name and any notes the brewer wants to add. i.e. I brewed this beer because...using this particular method in order to achieve...this is my attempt to clone...etc.
-And this is an important one-- Everyone who receives the beers MUST send the sender their brutally honest tasting notes to either the brewers e-mail address or PM via the HBT web site. Alternatively we can (and I hope we do) have discussions about our brews in open threads, but the brewer must be the one to start the thread.

Great ideas. I'm going to set the deadline to contact me to be included for the end of this week and the we'll go from there.

Could we just send $ instead of the prepaid and let the boss sort it out?

And we should hurry. I'm drinking all of my best beers! Rather do this than a comp. can I send like two o each beer? Can I request a style?

I have kolsch, amber ale, ipa1, ipa2, red red ryepa, to trade only have a few of the ipas as I drink them....lets do this!

That would be a mess. The hub would presumably have to print over 10 of those things and organize them rather than have it already set aside for him.

^ this.

Honestly, it won't be that hard to just buy another label since you will already be at UPS dropping off your case. You already know how much it costs since you just bought the exact same label to ship it to the hub.

Also this will save the hub some time and headache in getting all of our beers back to us :)

I am definitely in for this. Please add me to the list. I have a sweet stout that I bottled a week ago so it should be ready by the time it arrives at its final destination.

This sounds like it will be a lot of fun!

wbyrd01 said:
I am definitely in for this. Please add me to the list. I have a sweet stout that I bottled a week ago so it should be ready by the time it arrives at its final destination.

This sounds like it will be a lot of fun!

Pm me what you would like as well as what you have

^ this.

Honestly, it won't be that hard to just buy another label since you will already be at UPS dropping off your case. You already know how much it costs since you just bought the exact same label to ship it to the hub.

Also this will save the hub some time and headache in getting all of our beers back to us :)

Yeah but I don't ship my beer via ups. I have FedEx pick it up at my house. That way I don't have to tell them I'm shipping beer. Ups gives the hired degree

I think once the groups are assigned whoever is the central shipper (Hub) can let those in their group know if they care who they ship with; UPS or Fedex. UPS tends to be cheaper in my area, but I know it will vary.

Just bottled my 12 from the keg (mostly to make sure that I didn't kick the keg before the trade). I have 6 stouts and 6 pale ales standing by.

Since I never bottled in anything excpet 1 liter plastic bottles, I've got a capper on order so I can go all fancy for you guys and use glass bottles. Ok the truth is I don't want to send in 12 liters of beer, thats almost my entire batch. Plus it's a capper/corker combo so I can bottle up some of the apple wine i've got bubbling away when it's ready.

Make sure you label your beers, at least with a piece of masking tape or something so the hub can do the switch-a-roo without problems. Ideally every bottle will have a label and be inside a ziplock bag with a copy of the recipe. Did we ever decide to send the recipes along? My vote is yes.

I'm all game for this, I am in Nebraska... if that needed to be a hub. I am game with either UPS or Fedex...

I found shipping boxes for beer about 8.00 each.. if each one of us use the same box. Ship them to a central collection, that "boss" could reship them in the same box. These boxes could be used over and over again.

Shipping dollars could be PayPal to the "boss". Be nice if we could work up a webpage or group home...

I'm getting ready to brew another beer, I've got 12 ready to go, whenever.. just need to order a box or two.

Where do you get the shipping boxes? I normally just put them in a ziplock, then wrap the whole thing in a butt-load of bubble wrap.

I don't have anything brewed right now, but will be brewing soon. If this happens again in the future (a few months from now) I would like to be included if possible. Sounds like a blast!

Come up with the rules and logistics and I'm in. Belgian Pale Ale, Cascadian Dark Ale, Cream Ale, Amber Ale, Porter, Apfelwein, and a Mutt...Lil Sumpin' clone with rye and Irish yeast! Who knows what I'll have when this gets locked! I will say that special brews might need to go up on a list and PMs sent between brewers who decide they want to trade. No way I'm including my Brett Saison without getting something awesome in return. Anything that takes a lot of time, expense, or effort could go on a separate Google doc. RIS, IIPA, sour anything, Baltic Porter, Barleywine, etc.

Come up with the rules and logistics and I'm in. Belgian Pale Ale, Cascadian Dark Ale, Cream Ale, Amber Ale, Porter, Apfelwein, and a Mutt...Lil Sumpin' clone with rye and Irish yeast! Who knows what I'll have when this gets locked! I will say that special brews might need to go up on a list and PMs sent between brewers who decide they want to trade. No way I'm including my Brett Saison without getting something awesome in return. Anything that takes a lot of time, expense, or effort could go on a separate Google doc. RIS, IIPA, sour anything, Baltic Porter, Barleywine, etc.

I agree, specialty beers should probably be in a separate thread. The good news is, you don't have worry about not getting something in return. I can only speak for myself, but I'm just as happy to receive a cream ale as I am triple Belgium pumpkin porter with a rye twist because I know it was truly hand crafted by somebody who feels their beer is good enough to share. The other (and maybe the main) reason for this group swap was to get up to 12 other people to sample your brew and get their feedback.

I can understand not wanting to part with your Saison, but it looks like you have a very healthy pipeline (I'm envious). I would enjoy trying any one of your more standard beers. If your in, send a PM to thood6. He mentioned closing out the list soon.

Back