Dry Hopping help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi

Last week i put down a american pale ale that didn't quite go to plan as my scales were playing up and end up with 4.65kg of DME instead of the 3.3kg that was my recipe so i scaled things up a bit and came up with the following, except the grains didn't get scaled up as i was all out.
Steeped 500grms of crystal 40L and 100grms of crystal 60L at 67 degrees Celsius for 30 mins
Full boil of 25L
with the following additions.
40 grms Hallertau 60 mins
50 grms Centennial 15 mins
50 grms cascade 15 mins
50 grms Williamette 0 mins
Yeast Safale US-05
Fermented at 22 degrees Celcuis for 7 days so far.

So for the next part as I have all of the above hops left over in a maximum of 50 grms for all except cascade which i have slightly more, what would the dry hop recomendations be if there are any.

Cheers and thanks in advance.
and hopefully this brew will recover to be quite tasty.

Centennial, Cascade, and Willamette are all good dry-hopping hops... but I'm not sure dry-hopping is what you want to do.

Dry hopping adds hop aroma to your beer. If you just want your beer to have a lot of hop aroma, chuck 'em in, the more, the merrier.

However, if you're looking to counteract sweetness from using more extract than you planned, dry hopping won't help you -- you need to boil those hops to extract the bitterness. Do a forum search for "hop tea."

Sorry my mistake, the hops have been up accordingly and bitterness should be ok and according to I brew master at around 50 ibu so that should be ok.
I was wanting to dry hop foe aroma, but wasn't clear on that in the first post,
So then the next question would be how much hops for dry hopping 23 liters and do certain hops give better aroma than others.
cheers

Back