Does anybody know where Therminator is made?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goldy81

Reaction score
Well... the title says it all really... I just would like to know where Therminator is made. I actually went to a LHBS and looked at the product itself and the manual to find out, but no answer. I'm leaning towards Duda Diesel wort chiller because I cannot justify the cost of therminator unless it's made in USA.

Although I only do 5 gal. batches.. I'm considering plate chiller for following reasons...

1) Saddened by the amount of water and time spent while using a 50ft immersion chiller. This is with constant whirlpool and 53F ground water.

2) I may upgrade to 10 gal.

Why does it matter?

Let's assume for argument's sake that they are both built in the same place. The Therminator is obviously more expensive than the Duda Diesel. Your post makes it sound like the Therminator is worth the extra cost, in your opinion. If this is so, then it must be a superior product--in your opinion. If it isn't better then why would it even be a question? If it's superior then what does it matter if it was assembled by a guy named John or a guy named Kim, Park or Chin?

I'd skip the Therminator either way and get a 20 or 30 plate long style Duda chiller. The longer chillers with less plates are more efficient than short/more all day.
Cheers! :mug:

Your post makes it sound like the Therminator is worth the extra cost, in your opinion. If this is so, then it must be a superior product--in your opinion

I didn't read that at all. He says it would be worth paying more if it was made in the US. If it's not, then might as well get the cheapest plate chiller you can.

I know a lot of Blichmann stuff is fabricated in China and engineered and assembled in the US. I would bet it's made in China.

I have a B3-23A 40 Plate Chiller and LOVE IT!
HX2340_ID1475-S.jpg

Back