White Lightning in Air Lock?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brendenb

Reaction score
Just realized that it has been quite a while since my last post on here, of course it has been nearly as long since I last brewed, but anyway I had this crazy idea of using White Lightning that I bought from Smoky Mountain Distillery in my airlock.

Any reason that I shouldn't use it? It's a pretty neutral taste to it and it is 100 proof, so I figured it'd keep it sanitary.

Any thoughts?

That seems a waste of white lightning to me and I don't drink liquor. Usually just tap water in my airlock although lately I've started using some starsan in it because it shows bubbles better.

It'll work fine... but I agree it is a waste of "moonshine."

Off-topic I have to say that calling a commercially distilled product "white lightning" just seems silly, but I guess it is the same thing whether it is legal or not.

Okay, thanks for the input!

Yeah, it may be waste of white lightning, but it was the only clear liquor I had around to experiment with in the airlock. Don't worry, I had a shot while prepping the airlock ;)

It'll work fine... but I agree it is a waste of "moonshine."

Off-topic I have to say that calling a commercially distilled product "white lightning" just seems silly, but I guess it is the same thing whether it is legal or not.

White lightning commercial moonshine is distilled 6 times.
But.... Will have to agree... It's a waste... Shot or not when filling the airlock.
"Shine Responsibly"

Latest posts

Back