Best Cider for the Impatient Drinker

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meadiator

Reaction score
Sooooo... I have a few meads fermenting and aging..... I've got a couple ciders in primary.... My wine is shot..... And I want to start something new.

I plan on aging everything I have on hand for a while, so I'm looking for a quick and easy fix of cider. I don't care if it's cloudy, I just want it to taste alright. With that being said, does anyone have any experience with fast fermenting yet delicious cider? I'm open to using new yeasts and specific brands of apple products.... Just don't tell me to add any other fruit. I likes me dem apples.

Even if I'm looking to make a quick cider, is there still a month or two of down time before it's drinkable? Could I make it in time for a birthday party on May 10th?

Thanks in advance, guys and gals. :mug:

I'm still a newbie , but from what my long time brew friends say, the minimal experience I have, and what I've read on here, store bought apple juice is the way to go if you want something quick and easy.

I made a still cider with a gallon of AJ, safale 05, 1/2 cup sugar. Let it sit two weeks, back sweetened with some juicy juicy grape juice, let it get cold, and bam! Nothing fancy. Tasted like a boxed wine cooler. Not a high ABV, but- a wam, bam, thank you ma'am of a drink!

Back