What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And now ladies and gentlemen... the moment I've all been waiting for! I think enough has been said about this beer and I don't want to be redundant, but this is fvcking awesome! Maybe just a touch too much on the bourbon character, but that will age out and fade into the background after a while.

am I late? happy B-Day?

nukebrewer said:
And now ladies and gentlemen... the moment I've all been waiting for! I think enough has been said about this beer and I don't want to be redundant, but this is fvcking awesome! Maybe just a touch too much on the bourbon character, but that will age out and fade into the background after a while.

It's a pretty decent beer. Would I wait in line for an hour again to have it on tap? No. But I'd buy some bottles of it if we get some here next year's release. I agree with you, whisky and oak dominated the flavor profile with coffee taking second place.
Overall, very enjoyable, but I might like the regular Founders Breakfast Stout better.

Yes sir!

ForumRunner_20130430_204543.png

am I late? happy B-Day?

Thanks!

It's a pretty decent beer. Would I wait in line for an hour again to have it on tap? No. But I'd buy some bottles of it if we get some here next year's release. I agree with you, whisky and oak dominated the flavor profile with coffee taking second place.
Overall, very enjoyable, but I might like the regular Founders Breakfast Stout better.

I'm getting some more KBS in trade in a couple weeks so I'll have to try the KBS and Breakfast Stout side by side to see which one I like better. I bet a KBS with a couple years on it is phenomenal.

Its kinda like happiness in a bottle :mug:

TNGabe said:
Meh, it's an IPA, how good can it be? :D I do want a Gahndi-Bot glass, though. It's a great logo.

You poor soul! I love me some sours but IPAs are also incredible :)

HB coffee brown. V2 will be kegged this weekend, I'm anxiously awaiting tasting the changes (higher mash temp, flaked oats vs Quaker, British ale II vs us-05, different beans and a lot more of them).

You poor soul! I love me some sours but IPAs are also incredible :)

I think I was drinking Alpha King when you were still on juice boxes. By the time you're old enough to start yelling at kids to get off your lawn and going to bed at 9, you'll understand. ;)

TNGabe said:
I think I was drinking Alpha King when you were still on juice boxes. By the time you're old enough to start yelling at kids to get off your lawn and going to bed at 9, you'll understand. ;)

Haha incredible!

Thanks! Glad to be back!

This is my first Enjoy By and it's everything I hoped it would be. Bright citrus, pine and dank hop aromas with just a touch of sweetness. Medium bodied with a very strong bitterness balanced by a touch of caramel sweetness. Surprisingly I'm not getting much in the way of hop flavor, but what's there is great classic American hops. Finishes semi-dry and the bitterness lingers for a good while.

I keep looking for it around here but that seems to be one beer that hasn't shown up. :(

Hell of a rough day. Lets get weird!

Nothing weird about that excellent brew!

Had my first date with the Russian River tonight. I enjoyed the he!! out of this beer! The other bottle is going into the cellar.

RR Damnation.jpg

Homebrew club member originally from that region was kind enough to share some Surly Bender at club meeting earlier. From the little bit I had seems that brewery lives up to its hype. Probably going to have my Hefe in a minute or two.

This Wasatch Devastator Double Bock was a great Lager, or should I say ale since I live in Texas. Nice malty finish.

image-2612554934.jpg

Latest posts

Back