Filtration: Who uses it and What do you use?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

QualWines

Reaction score
I,ve been producing wines for nearly a decade now. I rarely use filtration, more as a stylistic choice than a response to any real objections to it's effect on the wine.

I had cause to filter a wine recently and noted a very distinct improvement in it's taste profile. This is the first wine I,ve noted a lasting and distinct difference in, and an improvement to boot. As a result, I am considering including more filtration in my wine program.

My question to the home wine-making community is: 1) What type of filter do you use? 2) How often do you filter your wines? 3) What filter grades do you prefer? 3) Do you have any observations about the filtration process.

I will not disclose the manufacturer, grade of filter, or type of filter I used so as not to bias your answers.

I'd appreciate any input you might lend me on this matter. I will be purchasing filtration equipment weighted by the information you provide here.

Thanks

Back