Equally Obnoxious Hockey Trash Talk Thread, eh?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why's that?

Bozak seems to like it here, plus where else would he get first-line minutes? He's helping bring Toronto back to the realm of respectability, and should see his first ever playoff action this spring. Once he gets a taste of a playoff-crazy Toronto, he won't want to leave. The ACC will be rockin' once again :rockin:

If Nonis wants to keep him, he will keep him.

I expect Toronto to do nothing. WHen you've got the Dark Horse 2013 Cup Winning team all ready to go, why change it?

Ummmm, that's pretty much exactly what we all expect. Does reading this thread require the removal of one's sarcasm detector, or some other rule that I'm not aware of?

Because sarcasm translates so well after your other posts.

What? What does what I said about Bozak have to do with anything?

Tyler Bozak seems to like it in Toronto - TRUE.
Dave Nonis appears to be a competent GM - TRUE.
Toronto is improving as a team, and is on their way back to not being a laughing-stock of the NHL - TRUE.
Bozak should see his first ever playoff action this spring - TRUE.
No other team would provide him first-line minutes with players like Kessel and Lupul - TRUE.
The ACC is a loud and nutty place during the playoffs - TRUE.
The city of Toronto and surrounding area will be buzzing as the playoffs approach - TRUE.

Despite their recent success, I don't think anyone expects the young Maple Leafs to make some miracle deep playoff run. It just doesn't happen after not being in the post-season for 9 years. They might win the first round if they get to play Carolina/Winnipeg, but really have no business beating a team like Boston or Pittsburgh. You really thought I think the Leafs will win the cup? Come on...

887201_561577600541462_676866492_o-59298.jpg

Steve Mason to philly for Micheal Leighton and a 3rd round pick?

IF Mason regains his rookie form this is a steal. otherwise I dont understand this from the flyers perspective.

Holy crap they just showed a clip of tonight's Flyers-Habs game where Bryzgalov literally ducked out of the way of the puck which flew over him and buried in the net. Milbury is flipping out.

MeatyPortion said:
Holy crap they just showed a clip of tonight's Flyers-Habs game where Bryzgalov literally ducked out of the way of the puck which flew over him and buried in the net. Milbury is flipping out.

Yup. Flyers shooting themselves in the foot as usual. Unfortunately things like this have become the norm this season.

I saw that too... Seriously? That's why the goalie has bars across the front of his helmet!! Fail...

i fell out of my Fu*king chair and spit beer every where when i saw that. my GF thought i was having a medical problem. hahaha

Anybody have a link for that clip? Preferably one that isn't on the site of an American television network or channel...

That's it?! I wanted to see the video to get a good laugh out of the notion of a goalie actually trying to duck from an incoming puck, fully expecting to see that. But that's not at all what I saw, and I'm pretty sure that it's only getting such attention because it's Bryz.

The shot was going low so he started to drop and then it deflected off of Schenn's stick upwards, towards the top of the net. People are making it seem like he ducked to get out of the way of the shot, but there's no doubt in my mind that he simply got beat by his teammate's poor shot "block" (ie deflection), and would have almost certainly stopped it had Schenn not tipped it, or even if the shot had been going upstairs to start with.

I know Bryz is an unreliable player with a fragile sense of self-confidence and (at times) a truly strange mind, perhaps the most bizarre psyche in the NHL. But after seeing that video I'm convinced that people are just once again being unfair to the guy, a recurrence of a "bullying" sort of mob-mentality that people seem to take with Bryz because of the way he cracks under pressure.

And I know that a high-level pro like Bryz should be able to deal with pressure better, but I haven't seen or heard even ONE SINGLE PERSON point out what I just did - every single report or comment I've encountered has accused him of deliberately ducking out of the way - which makes said "bullying" mob-mentality pretty sickening to me. Any other goalie probably wouldn't get any attention or even blame over this goal, but the public seems to relish trampling all over a guy that is obviously not 100% mentally healthy.

Uh huh.

I'm not a Bryz fan by any means. I not only expected to see him duck, I WANTED to see him duck. But I gotta call a spade a spade...

He ducked. When do you ever see a goalie scrunch their head in their gear like that and put their arms up?

That's the weirdest thing I've ever seen.

Sometimes I play net, and even though I'm the worlds WORST goalie, I woudl never do something so ridiculous. When a puck gets deflected, you kind of stretch towards it without even thinking, not shy away from it.

Bryz looks like he's playing dodgeball, not hockey.

Most sane people would do the same. But we're not paid millions of dollars to play goalie in the NHL. He ducked.

I see the deflection clear as day. But the deflection was 20-25 feet away, not 5 or 10. It was the arms coming up defensively that makes it rather obvious to me, and Paulster above.

I agree with paulster ( holy crap what did I just say??). He ducked and stuck his arms up in self-defense, just like in dodgeball.

I agree with paulster ( holy crap what did I just say??).

They all come around eventually. Welcome to sanity. Your Leafs playoff kit is on its way. I have had 9 years to prepare it, so it'll be pretty cool.

lOnIgBO.gif

SEE! He drops, then ducks! "Ahhh!"

He may have only scored on a skate deflection but Im convinced Jagr can score with any part of his body on purpose and make it look like a deflection.

Also he created a lot of space for the attack tonight Im really happy to see him on the seguin line those three together will do amazing things.

Frankly I was amazed a 41 year old would give almost 20 minutes.

He is fun to watch. Hopefully he'll give the team the spark they lost a few weeks ago...

Cheers!

Hopefully the Pens can turn things around tomorrow night. I know Crosby is just one guy but surely they can play better than what they are. Hopefully they get momentum back! GO PENS!!!!!

Hopefully the Pens can turn things around tomorrow night. I know Crosby is just one guy but surely they can play better than what they are. Hopefully they get momentum back! GO PENS!!!!!

Nah. When a player has a deal to go to Team A, but then at the last second decides to go to Team B because they will probably win a Cup, everyone kind of secretly hopes Team B's gonna suck, while Team A sees some success.

So screw Pittsburgh and their "sure thing" team. I hope they somehow face the Bruins in the playoffs this year. That'd be fun.

Pens do know how to pull it together in playoffs! I am not a big fan of the new addition either, and he has not really showed he was worth it yet. but Hopefully we can help our goalie more than we did in past two games.

Nah. When a player has a deal to go to Team A, but then at the last second decides to go to Team B because they will probably win a Cup, everyone kind of secretly hopes Team B's gonna suck, while Team A sees some success.

So screw Pittsburgh and their "sure thing" team. I hope they somehow face the Bruins in the playoffs this year. That'd be fun.

Happened to Hossa after he jumped from the Pens to the Wings and then the Hawks (except they won the cup). I also remember ray Bourque heading to the Avs but I don't remember the reaction from Bruins fans.

You bought your championship last year, this year the Wings return to dominating form and reclaim what is rightfully ours!!!
10.jpg

I will admit to having a certain dislike for Crosby. But the pens playing like **** without him goes to show that they don't have the depth that everyone says they have. He's scored 56 points this year.. iggy is going to have some huge skates to fill while crosby gets his chicklettes reinserted.

As a B's fan I'm glad we got Jagr, I didn't really even know we were gunning for him. He has been one of my favorite players to watch since I was a kid. Don't get me wrong I was upset with the way the iggy trade worked out but I think we got the better player.

I have specifcally not posted any excitement about the Wild's winning ways or expressed optimism about the recent trade because I knew the team would go into an immediate slump. I have expressed none of these positive thoughts online and yet...we've gone into the crapper.

Our defense can't clear friggin pucks, and Cullen (who has been our spark) is out for another week and a half minimum. I expected a goal from the line of Captains last night and was denied. Time to turn it around and quick. The West is tight!

Oh dear. MLSE you sneaky company. You must have found out I'm heading to the game tomorrow, so you release these beauties for sale today... And to top it all off, the Winter Classic shoulder patch is $19.99 extra.... bastards.

e6ce107899f3023a833f.jpg

Detroit's are allllmost as beautiful, but not quite the work of art the Leafs sweaters are.

20b3034f3c840a6797b5.jpg

BONUS! MLSE wants my money so bad they're selling the alumni jerseys as well! Looks like I'm going to contribute a LOT to Bettman's good old "HRR" fund this year!

12744bfe4ea9d67d2c9c.jpg

Congrats to the Blackhawk and the Pens for clinching playoff berths tonight, as if anyone saw either team choking enough to miss out of the playoffs this year

Leafs just keep on winning! They are the best. Rangers suck, Sens suck, everyone sucks. BOOM, playoffs are coming, bring on those cocky Bruins fans. I bet they're just salivating at the thought of playing the Leafs in the first round - hell, I would be too. Hope Toronto can win a game (or 2, or 4).

Also would just like to mention - went to Philly easter weekend to catch the Jays/Phillies game and then the Flyers/Bruins. I gotta say, all the trash that the fans there get, it's 100% false. There were several Bruins fans in attendance, and all they got was the odd ribbing here and there, but certainly nothing that would be considered verbal or physical assault. Everyone in that town just seemed very friendly and down-to-earth.

BUT - that arena - reputation for being loud and crazy - NOT TRUE. That place was just as quiet, if not quieter than the Air Canada Centre in Toronto which is known for fans "sitting on their hands". Philly scored first and ended up winning 3-1, so it's not like that place shouldn't have been rockin'.

Anyway I recommend a trip to Philadelphia for anyone who's interested in visiting an A+ city with a cool sports scene, great bars/restaurants, and fun people. Can't wait to go back.

...and it's a WAY cooler place than Pittsburgh. #notevenclose

Back