What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With the cover on, a heavy insulator wrapped around it the steam will build up in the head space, as more steam at say 151 is added it condenses the steam cloud more, the molecules all of a similar temperature condensing will begin to raise the temperature in the headspace as they condense further (ie building pressure). Eventually the heat will transfer back into the grain bed (Think pressure cooker only not nearly as much pressure or heat, you heat it to boiling but the steam heats it beyond boiling)

I'm a bit tipsy but I think that explains it pretty decently

Yup,like I said it's all about thermodynamics. The coat also has an insulated hood on it. I put two pot holders down on the spread out inside of the coats' back,then pull the hood over the covered pot (BIAB),then wrap the sides around that & tie it off with the sleeves. It gets insulated really well. With the paint strainer bag wrapped over the lip of the kettle,the lid gets sealed a bit that way too.
Oh man,I can't wait till my son gets back from work with that vodka. My nerves need to be numbed a bit with these hurtin joints.:tank:

inspired by my buzz & the recent "Am I the only one who hates sours thread", I bring you a toothless pour of the 565 side of my Petite Saison.

You look bizzarely like the guy in the Chrsitian Singles ad on here.

While not a wild assortment, still solid.

Allagash cureiux
Tripel
Black,
white
Smuttynose brown dog
Ipa
Stone ipa
Bastard
Goose island softie
Matilda

image-897666570.jpg

I guessing he doesn't have "Hellbound" tattooed across his throat & "EVIL CORE" across his fingers though.:rockin:

It would be one heck of a coincidence if he did. Making some Indian for dinner and trying to pick out what to drink. IPA is the wrong answer.

mcbaumannerb said:
Looks like you're setting up for some new, exotic version of beer pong! ;)

Ha I wish that's what beer pong looked like! Tasting at which my cousin was pouring, she hooked it up. Also not in pic had a little fv13 an resurgam.

Gatorade still feel like s$@t guess thats what happens when you start drinking at noon and don't stop until after two :(

Love this one,and most of Summits stuff as well. Wish I could have tried that unchained pumpkin porter that they had retired. Im hoping for a retro release.

summit red.jpg

Earlier:

image-1485249751.jpg

Heavy Seas Gold from Clipper City Brewing Company in Baltimore. Reminds me I need to brew up a few gallons of Blonde Ale for the summer.

Later this evening, Terrapin Hopzilla; and now a Bell's Hopslam.

Latest posts

Back