Brewing for a party

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reinstone

Reaction score
Hey having a party may 18. I already have an amber ale, ipa, some kolsch....but not enough and a cream of three crops going now. I have one month to brew one other beer. There will be a lot of BMc drinkers there. I tasted a sample of the cream of three crops and its a little harsh ten days into ferment. Not sure if I trust it. What to brew, I have one month. I ordered the Vienna malt for yoopers fizzy yellow but thinking of using that in a pale ale instead. I can't decide.....thanks for the help.

Wheat that's around 4%? Shouldn't require much time to age, and at parties, people like to consume a lot without puking by beer four. Ferment 10 days, bottle and it'll be charged by the party.

A two gallon batch of cider. Plus i had planned on a wheat....good advice.

I think a wheat is always a solid choice for BMC types. I've yet to come across one that will turn down a good hefe.

American or german hef?

For the BMC crowd? An American Hefe...

Just going to by my family members that stick to Coors Light and such, they seem to like Shock Top and similar beers. Going local, my BIL loves Hangar 24's Orange Wheat (and it is a damned good example of a wheat beer, I just don't love wheat beers) and he is a Coors Light drinker.

For the BMC crowd? An American Hefe...

Just going to by my family members that stick to Coors Light and such, they seem to like Shock Top and similar beers. Going local, my BIL loves Hangar 24's Orange Wheat (and it is a damned good example of a wheat beer, I just don't love wheat beers) and he is a Coors Light drinker.

Went with bier munchers wheat. Subbed some Vienna for part of the base malt. Fwh bittered with a slight amarillo Nelson saviun finish. 4.5 abv give or take 18 ibu.

Back