Another "unbalanced" report / question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

squidbait

Reaction score
Should I not trust this report considering the report shows .69 for the ion balance? I was looking forward to stepping up by brews with some water work, but am stuck. Any help is much appreciated!

Water.Report.jpg

Water.Report.2.jpg

Something is a bit off in their reporting and the difference between the cation and anion totals is troubling. The fact that they show a big increase in the sulfate from the raw to tap water suggests that they are adjusting pH with sulfuric acid. I'm assuming that there is some sort of mixup in those levels. But given the relatively low ion levels in this Great Lakes water, I'd just go ahead and use it. I'm sure you can find other Detroiters with water test results that can help refine what the true values are more likely to be. Ignore the errors and go ahead and brew.

Ok, thanks for the response. Maybe I will eventually get a third party report as well. Any metro Detroiters out there have any other tips?

Latest posts

Back