Low FG

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gdoggy

Reaction score
Hi

I have a brewferm Belgian triple with a FG of 1.004. The OG was lower than expected at 1.054. It tastes good. Currently bulk conditioning. Is there anything I should do before bottling considering the low FG?

There's really nothing that you could do to raise the gravity at this point. It doesn't sound like you need to if it tastes good.

What yeast did you use? Did you use a low mash temp?

Belgians are supposed to finish low. There is usually a fairly high percentage of simple sugars in the grist compared to other beers. Make sure your hydrometer is calibrated (reads 1.000 in water at 60/68*F) and that your sample is at the correct temp. If so, congrats! You got great attenuation, not to mention a tasty beer.

Thanks.

I'm really new to this so no mash involved, pre hopped kit.
I did use wyeast 1214 instead of the yeast in the kit and used golden syrup rather than white sugar.

Do I need to adjust the amount of priming sugar before bottling or should it carbonate anyway?

No adjustment needed. I would look up a priming sugar calculator to get your desired carbonation level and bottle away!

Latest posts

Back