Group Buy in Chicago #8

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Neopol said:
Any one interested in 1/4 or 1/8 of the break bright tabs... I'm gonna grab a 2.2 lb order, well split it by weight.

I'd go for an eighth. I'd take 1/4 if it were necessary to closes split.

Im having a little trouble adding P.B.W. 8lb. It's coming up and im typing in qty. 1 and add item, but it dosnt show up in the items ordered.

scotty77 said:
Im having a little trouble adding P.B.W. 8lb. It's coming up and im typing in qty. 1 and add item, but it dosnt show up in the items ordered.

Not missing out this time on PBW! Going with the big boy!

I logged out and back in and still no luck. Guess it's just not my day. LoL I will try again in a bit

Neopol said:
Any one interested in 1/4 or 1/8 of the break bright tabs... I'm gonna grab a 2.2 lb order, well split it by weight.

Dave I'll go for some. You could always just put a bunch of baggies with some and sell a few bucks a bag during pick up.

I just have to share with the whole world. My Billsner Urquell...

904350_10200858861890806_1196737175_o.jpg

Looks beautiful...

could probably use a little more bittering hops but not too much. I used straight Saaz. I taste the slight graininess of the pilsen malt. I like it. just needs to be a little more carbed; it's only been about 8 days or so. I'll try to have some on tap during the pickup

If you really want to share come on out to my place with a sixer ;)

If you really want to share come on out to my place with a sixer ;)

buy grain in what could be the last grain buy for a while. then you will have a reason to come over to pick up your grain and try my swill.

buy grain in what could be the last grain buy for a while. then you will have a reason to come over to pick up your grain and try my swill.

Check your list my friend and you will see that i already have ;). hopefully it will be better then my swill i left you on the last buy lol

Check your list my friend and you will see that i already have ;). hopefully it will be better then my swill i left you on the last buy lol

there are already 47 people on the list. my apologies for overlooking you. however, you might want to order more than 2 sacks...

your pale ale was good by the way.

I opened up a split for Briess Crystal 40. Please don't leave me hanging!

your pale ale was good by the way.

Your to kind.

however, you might want to order more than 2 sacks...

I still have the 2 sacks i got at the last buy. i only get the opportunity to brew 5 gals once ever 3 to 4 weeks so this could last me well over a year but you better believe I'm going to give it my best shot at using this stuff up. when i come by the next time i'll bring you something special from founder's that just got released

I am having problems adding P.B.W. (8#). Tried chrome and ie on the laptop and safari on the ipad. It finds it in the search, but does not show up when I add it.

pbw 8 lb is still being a little shy and not adding. the 50 lb adds just fine.

I signed up please approve can't wait to see what I might find

pbw 8 lb is still being a little shy and not adding. the 50 lb adds just fine.

Scotty I concur there is something buggy going on, particularly it looks to me if it was an item you tried to order before.. I have a similar issue I cannot order as 1 lb, but I can order a 5 lb of a spice.

Hey all, it hasn't been too long, but it's good to be hearing from you all again. I'd like to pose a PBW question that peaked my curiousilty on the last buy. It was mentioned that PBW is just a simple 70/30 mixture of this and that. My brewing buddy says that we are not needing to purchase PBW now because he can make it comfortably. So, for those of you who already are making your own, could you share the ease of creating, or lack there of , that you have experienced so that I know whether or not to pick some up here while I can? Thanks

I'm glad that Neo listed something about his purchase, because I was troling and saw his order yesterday and was grinning. You are a brewing animal, Irish family or not!

Terry, there are some great threads right here on hbt about that exact topic.. Its oxyclean and the new safe red devil trisodium phosphate. And many that swear its exact down to basic chemical composition.

I have a pail of both, as I get tired of cleaning that white residue just oxyclean leaves behind, its easy with a little starsan on a paper towel but annoying nonetheless. Once my smoked ported is done chugging away, I plan to test it out..

Thanks Dave, I figured that I would be checking out other threads, but there's something about hearing it from those more familiar. I appreciate your feedback. If it can be done at your scale of brewing, I'm thinking that we can get away with it. I'll still search through HBT to be more educated on the subject. Thanks!

Its not scale so much as often and fermenters, I'm only a 20 gal setup, so the big volume brews have to be a concentrated wort...which has its own difficulties in a hop saturation etc. Conversation for another day.

Its not scale so much as often and fermenters, I'm only a 20 gal setup, so the big volume brews have to be a concentrated wort...which has its own difficulties in a hop saturation etc. Conversation for another day.

Only a 20 gallon setup...ha!

added some more people to the buy. we are at 195 sacks which is almost 5 pallets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back