Best Louisville,KY craft brewery

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nstowe81

Reaction score
Some friends and I are going to go on the bourbon distillery tour this Saturday. We are looking for a good place for dinner Friday night. Anyone know a close craft brewery around the Hawthorne inn on Cypress Station in Louisville.

The best are in Lexington, Country Boy and West Sixth. BBC makes decent beer and has mediocre food. If you want a good spot to eat and get some good brews I'd recommend the Holy Grale off Bardstown Road near Grinstead drive. Not a brewery but they always have some very good craft beers on tap and the food is excellent. Also check out Apocalypse if you get the chance, they don't serve food and have odd hours but their beer is great.

I don't know if it is close to where you mentioned, but I can vouch for Against the Grain's beer. Very creative and tasty. I also can't vouch for the food personally, but I've heard it's good.

http://www.atgbrewery.com/

Casey

Some friends and I are going to go on the bourbon distillery tour this Saturday. We are looking for a good place for dinner Friday night. Anyone know a close craft brewery around the Hawthorne inn on Cypress Station in Louisville.

Thanks! Don't think we are going to go to Lexington, so ATG it is.

Against the Grain was pretty impressive. I like the way they creatively handle the styles and the rotation. I only had a small appetizer to go with the beer but it was tasty, inexpensive, and well executed. The service was great as well.

New Albanian (across the river) was a huge disappointment. Out of a flight of seven there were only two beers I would order again and only one I would call good. Food was overpriced and mediocre. Service was adequate but blahh.

Back