Casual corker

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theQ

Reaction score
I am planning to cork some Belgian beers for longer time, is there a cheap corker that's reliable enough for a casual corker like me :)

Thanks in advance!
Q

I use a colonna corker. It works good for belgians. I think I paid something like $65 for it.

Portugese floor corker, the red one, gets the job done. Just need to rig it up to leave the cork extending from the bottle.

I've heard that some LHBS will rent out corkers. So that's worth looking into if you don't plan on corking very often.

Last edited by a moderator:
Portugese floor corker, the red one, gets the job done. Just need to rig it up to leave the cork extending from the bottle.

This is what I have.just adjust the nut halfway pull down,spin nut back up to the top and push down on the base while pulling lever and bottle out.The double lever is more of a headache then spending an extra 30 bucks on a floor corker.

This is what I have.just adjust the nut halfway pull down,spin nut back up to the top and push down on the base while pulling lever and bottle out.The double lever is more of a headache then spending an extra 30 bucks on a floor corker.

I've got my club's corker. Someone has rigged up two pieces of wood. One is probably 3/4" thick and goes under the bottle, the other is 1"x2" (if I recall) and that stops the handle from driving the cork all the way in. Insert cork with both pieces in place, remove, finish instering cork, & remove bottle. I could take pics if anyone is interested.

I've got my club's corker. Someone has rigged up two pieces of wood. One is probably 3/4" thick and goes under the bottle, the other is 1"x2" (if I recall) and that stops the handle from driving the cork all the way in. Insert cork with both pieces in place, remove, finish instering cork, & remove bottle. I could take pics if anyone is interested.

If have time it will be great!

theQ said:
If have time it will be great!

Took me a while, but here ya go.

image-337998851.jpg

The top piece leaves the cork sticking out if the bottle, the bottom makes room to push bottle down to get corker jaws to release. It's kinda a PITA and I'll eventually buy a nicer one, but this works well enough.

Thanks TNGABE

Have a look at this thread

Last edited by a moderator:
Back