NHC tickets 2013

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For a first time attendee, anyone know what the "Retailer Roundtable" is on wednesday?

Hmm, I'm a little curious as to what kind of discussion would occur there. Most people would be pretty tight lipped with competitors.

Any plans for a club leadership roundtable like the last two years? It would probably be pretty new since the last few were lead by a few West Coast club people.

Hmm, I'm a little curious as to what kind of discussion would occur there. Most people would be pretty tight lipped with competitors.

Any plans for a club leadership roundtable like the last two years? It would probably be pretty new since the last few were lead by a few West Coast club people.

We're in discussion about whether to make it a single speaker or a panel discussion. We'll probably doscuss it tomorrow night on our monthly conference call. Got a preference?

Bobby, you're a retailer. Maybe you should go to that one and check it out.

I wasn't planning on driving in until Thursday morning but if I can find someone's room to crash in on Wednesday night, I may give it a shot. I'm still deciding if I'm going to get a booth for the expo. Since I'm the sexy face of the company, it would be hard to get away for seminar time stuff.

I've sat in on all the club related talks including the two panels and the folks in attendance always had a lot to contribute to the conversation. I think a panel is just fine, but I always thought that a scheduled hour somewhere after the seminar hours would be a good idea for club leadership to have an informal discussion. I'm curious what other club folks think about that.

Yeah, if people have opinions about this, I'd like to hear them by tomorrow afternoon. I'll pass comments on to the AHA and GC.

So... Has anyone ever gotten in after waitlisting? I got my full ticket day of, and went to add my wife as a social on the 6th, waitlisted. Also have a friend who just jumped on the waitlist for a full ticket, so I'm just wondering what kind of chances either of them might have of actually getting in.

If 0... is there any sort of gray market for tickets?

Anyone else cancel their banquet tickets because it's rogue beer? I can't imagine a dinner for 2400 people with nothing but rogue to drink possibly being worth $100 a couple. More money to spend at Tired Hands before the conference.

Anyone else cancel their banquet tickets because it's rogue beer? I can't imagine a dinner for 2400 people with nothing but rogue to drink possibly being worth $100 a couple. More money to spend at Tired Hands before the conference.

No.

If you haven't done one before, don't diss it.

Where did they announce it was Rogue? I thought I remember seeing last years was Rogue, sure you aren't just confusing it? Either way, regardless of the brewery, you would be eating food made specifically to go with a certain beer...very rare opportunity.

Out of curiosity, which Brewery would you rather host a banquet/pair with food? I am no Rogue fanboy, but I can't offhand come up with a brewery that would do better...They make 40 different beers, sake, and whiskies and gins and rums.. There has got to be at least one that would work with anything anyone would cook up.

woknblues said:
Out of curiosity, which Brewery would you rather host a banquet/pair with food? I am no Rogue fanboy, but I can't offhand come up with a brewery that would do better...They make 40 different beers, sake, and whiskies and gins and rums.. There has got to be at least one that would work with anything anyone would cook up.

One that doesn't fire employees for trying to unionize would be a good start. At this point, with the comp snafus following the registration nightmare, I'm regretting not having cancelled entirely while I could have got a full refund. Speaker lineup looks a lot less interesting than the past few years, too.

One that doesn't fire employees for trying to unionize would be a good start. At this point, with the comp snafus following the registration nightmare, I'm regretting not having cancelled entirely while I could have got a full refund. Speaker lineup looks a lot less interesting than the past few years, too.

So despite the registration problems, you did get registered; and now you're mad at yourself for not cancelling and it's Rogue's fault? :confused:

AZ_IPA said:
So despite the registration problems, you did get registered; and now you're mad at yourself for not cancelling and it's Rogue's fault? :confused:

Exactly. Nail on the head. If I can't complain about random stuff on the Internet because I'm in a bad mood, what's it good for? ;)

i'm in for the BNA party. i wasn't planning on heading down wednesday, but i've been cyber-stalking the Trophy Fire for some time now. their performance that night seals the deal for me.

I'm anti Rogue as well. They are just not worth supporting. That being said, drinking their beer is not going to ruin a fun evening for me. I'm still in!

Where did they announce it was Rogue? I thought I remember seeing last years was Rogue, sure you aren't just confusing it? Either way, regardless of the brewery, you would be eating food made specifically to go with a certain beer...very rare opportunity.

Rogue sponsors the banquet every year and Rogue beer is served every year.

Why is Rogue not worth supporting?

I live on the east coast. They do not provide a working environment that I would want to work in. None of their beer (when I get it) is better than other options. Their beer is more pricey than said options. I support a lot of west coast breweries. But I gotta weed out somebody. I don't support Bells or Gordon Biersch because of their over active suing of fellow craft breweries for personal gain. I've got personal issues with Founders. I just have issues. There is way too many great breweries out there to support everybody. I choose to support local and above average brewers. And mediocrity and poor morals are something I don't have to deal with if I choose not too. *pours another homebrew*

Rogue sponsors the banquet every year and Rogue beer is served every year.

And with Sean Paxton (the Homebrew Chef) as the chef, the dinners are really nice.

That said, I didn't get a ticket for the banquet this year. It's fun, but I've done it a couple of times and just would rather use that time to grab a smaller dinner and relax. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who hasn't done it before, though!

It's been Rogue beers for the last 5 years I've gone at least. To be honest, I'm not crazy about their beers but mostly I'm just getting tired of it. I think a regional brewery should do it and in this case, it should have been Dogfish or any other Northeast brewery.

I'm probably going to do the BN party, and one of the brewery trips/tours during the day on Wednesday. I have to make a decision soon!

Yeah my girlfriend and I are going to the BN party again this year. We're trying to decide between the 'north' tour (Iron Hill Brewery and Sly Fox Brewery) Neither of which we have been to before and the 'west' tour (Iron Hill Brewery and Victory Brewing) we've both been to Victory before but we love their beer...

On the tour note...Did anyone else notice the 'east' and 'north' tours are exactly the same?

mors said:
the 'west' tour (Iron Hill Brewery and Victory Brewing)

Is this an actual tour of the breweries? Victory no longer offers public tours of their brewery for legal and safety reasons. It would be interesting to me if they can somehow offer a tour for this event...

There is an asterisk on their tour that says:
*Victory tour is not a tour of the production facility but a talk by brewmaster and co-founder Ron Batchet and happy-hour pricing on beer.

The other breweries I believe are actual tours.

Yooper said:
I'm probably going to do the BN party, and one of the brewery trips/tours during the day on Wednesday. I have to make a decision soon!

See you there! Going up early just for this :)

Yooper said:

Won't be going to BN. Looks awesome, and I'd love to meet the folks from the podcasts, but I can't take off work on Wednesday. Maybe next year!

Definitely going to the banquet though.

Who's bringing beer for club night? I committed to 2 kegs.

I'll see what I can do. Right now I'm doing 8-9 of the 20 kegs for my local club, but I'm slowly opening the eyes of other club members to brewing to represent even if they didn't get tix.

Yooper, we may go up Tuesday night also. We'd planned Wed morning, but my wife pointed out that there's a BJCP tasting test that morning and I'd love to finally get that part done and get official!

I'll see what I can do. Right now I'm doing 8-9 of the 20 kegs for my local club, but I'm slowly opening the eyes of other club members to brewing to represent even if they didn't get tix.

Yooper, we may go up Tuesday night also. We'd planned Wed morning, but my wife pointed out that there's a BJCP tasting test that morning and I'd love to finally get that part done and get official!

I think there is a waiting list for the BJCP test- so get on it right away!

Back