Epic Boat Bar

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As a huge fan of wooden boats, especially sailboats, this hurts my soul. As a homebrewer and fan of beer this is crazy amazing... Great build.

hmmm, might have to make the trawl over there when you open.

Any news on what beers you are going to be pouring yet?

What a fantastic project you have going over there! If I'm ever in NH, you can bet that I'm stopping by. Congrats and keep up the great work!

P.S. The problem with pics has been fixed. I received several PM's this weekend that all of the pics in all of my builds were gone! :eek: I sent a message to the HBT admin. and within a day or two, I heard back and they indicated that the problem was on their end and had been fixed. I just combed though my threads and everything is back, so I guess they are back on track. :tank:

This is incredibly cool, thanks for posting all the pictures and please keep them coming!

Every year when I was a kid my family would go on vacation to Lake Winnipesaukee (other side of the lake, Long Island) for 2 weeks at the end of summer vacation. We would always make it around to the other side of the lake to spend a day at Weirs Beach, and we'd usually stop there too on our yearly cruise on the Mount. Thanks for posting these pictures, it really took me back.

When I move back to MA (this year, cross your fingers!) I'm planning on taking my fiancee up to Lake Winnipesaukee for a vacation to show her what was such a huge part of my childhood. We're even planning on maybe bringing my parents up too, since they haven't been up there since 1999 or so. When we come up, I will definitely stop by for a beer :mug:, provided you're up and running and open to the public.

Cheers!

This is one of the coolest projects ive seen. You guys have done such a great job, i cant wait to see how it turns out in the end when its all finished !

This is one of the most awesome things I've ever seen :)

Let me get this straight though, this is going to be a business? From my first read of the OP, I was under the impression this was just gonna be your personal bar for hanging out.

Either way, I'm jealous. Good luck, and I feel like it should be wildly successful if it's a business venture.

This is one of the most awesome things I've ever seen :)

Let me get this straight though, this is going to be a business? From my first read of the OP, I was under the impression this was just gonna be your personal bar for hanging out.

Either way, I'm jealous. Good luck, and I feel like it should be wildly successful if it's a business venture.

It came across as a personal thing to me too. If it's a business, that's even cooler!

It is a business but my friends and family will be crustaceans on the bar stools. We are a small family business. Sorry I was not clear. My personal life and my work really have no separation, work work work.

I know folks are saying that they woud love to visit during the summer, but gosh darn it, I would love to visit your place on a crisp fall day. I loved the picture on your website with the trees changing colors.

Crisp for a SoCal guy like myself means like 50+ degrees of course!

I know folks are saying that they woud love to visit during the summer, but gosh darn it, I would love to visit your place on a crisp fall day. I loved the picture on your website with the trees changing colors.

Crisp for a SoCal guy like myself means like 50+ degrees of course!

I will do my best to answer all the questions.
The fall is a great time on the lake it is generally not that rough and the mountains and trees are very pretty.
This fall we will probably pull the trigger on propane heaters to try and stretch the season.
We are really hoping it is a hit, we enjoy building original things.
Yes we all cringed when we made the first cut into the Anona. It had been the oldest sailing boat when it was on the great Lakes. Then it was abandoned and let rotten for too many years, so rather than let it become lost forever it will now be enjoyed by many.
I have more pics on our Facebook page www.facebook.com/AkwaMarinaYachtClub I will go back and fix this thread tho
We will be open to the public, by foot, boat, car, kayak, raft.
How does everyone feel about the tower being brass exposed to the elements, the system comes with stainless but I really feel brass would look better.

Great build. Very unique Idea and a great job turing an idea into a reality. I can't wait to see the whole thing when it is totally complete. Thanks for sharing!

Brass with a seasonal polish would be my choice personally. Stainless just looks out of place with all of the muted earth tones going on in there.

golfduke said:
brass with a seasonal polish would be my choice personally. Stainless just looks out of place with all of the muted earth tones going on in there.

+1

New railings are in. The look really good, if you even notice them. Hood going in tomorrow, spray down bar and kitchen floors/walls Thursday. 16 days left!

20130429_153930_HDR.jpg

20130429_170518_HDR.jpg

20130429_142428_HDR.jpg

Sanded down the boats deck today and added the first coat of new paint, we be sanding and adding at least two more coats.
The last pic is of my little brother holding the while it gets hung. I was surprised how heavy hoods are.

20130430_151446.jpg

20130430_164029.jpg

20130430_151439.jpg

20130430_164037.jpg

20130430_144312.jpg

The back of the glass support half done, the kitchen with dura flex walls, my mom is in there too, and the back of the bar, waiting on the ss sinks, ice cold plates, once they are in we will have two full bars stations.

IMAG3169.jpg

IMAG3170.jpg

IMAG3177.jpg

IMAG3174.jpg

IMAG3176.jpg

I know I am repeating myself but, that is the most amazing bar I have seen. I truly wish I lived closer.

Stay with your heart . Brass and sailboats mean class to me. I used a copper still for my tower so I want original when I can.

That is awesome and would be perfect, if anyone knows how I could get my hands on a brass or copper (unfunctional) still I could definitely take it off your hands and turn it into the tap tower on the boat.

Holy smokes, best of luck in your venture. If this was anywhere close to me I'd be there nightly!

Lots of small stuff, finishing up some of the boat top, poured the floors and walls, etc

20130506_172851_HDR.jpg

20130508_152019.jpg

20130506_172919_HDR.jpg

20130506_172913_HDR.jpg

Got all the equipment in today, should have taken more pictures. Took a nice shot down on the bar while I was up string led ribbon. FYI the cheap LEDs on amazon are unbelievable for bars. We installed the LEDs on the bottom of the glass panels edge facing into the glass, so they make the whole glass glow. We are also using them to light up the wood. I will take pics when it is all lite up.

20130509_133028.jpg

20130509_160329.jpg

The led light are cool in colors but can be cheesy we will probably just leave them on in white maybe blue, but they do more.

20130515_183955.jpg

20130515_184044_HDR.jpg

I put similar ones under the glass on my liquor stand and you are right. It does get a bit cheesy. I usually leave them green but my kids, and a few neighbors, found the pattern that fades through 7 colors and I can't keep them from changing it to that now. :)

We have tons of other lighting so we will see what we turn on what stays off. Should be interesting.

Not just yet we are days away the glass came in today and all I can say boom!

And my wife having the first beverage

20130516_102815_HDR.jpg

20130516_103930_HDR.jpg

20130516_193627_HDR.jpg

20130516_102713_HDR.jpg

20130516_182033_HDR.jpg

Lite it up last night looks cool, still need to be careful to avoid the cheese factor

20130516_220136_LLS.jpg

I don't think the lights look cheesy in the pics. Looks damn good from where I'm sitting!

Since you're going to open soon, have you decided on what beers you'll be serving?

We have been every witch way on the beers. We fit 100 pounds of sand into a ten pound bag, and at the end of the day we can only realistically have 4 beers on tap and many more in bottle and cans. The 4 taps are a hotly debated topic. I would love to hear some recommendations? I feel we need one light beer, one summer beer, two nh beers. The two nh beers are the tough ones. The summer will most likely be Sam summer, it is huge here. I don't care what the light is. The nh beers are a tough one the two distributors pretty much are why it is tough. I can get into more detail on this if any one cares.
We have some great beers around here and wines, that we are going to try and have in bottles, like midnight meedery, Woodstock, candia road (my brew supple shop).

Latest posts

Back