Keg carbing with priming sigsr

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buzzbromp

Reaction score
I have a friend who is getting married in a couple of months. He wants to bring a few kegs to the wedding. I won't be able to force carbonate in my fridge like I usually do, and I am debating adding sugar or just putting 30 psi and leaving in my basement. Unfortunately i won't be able to test prior to wedding unless I pour a warm beer. Any preferred techniques? I am not sure how much corn sugar to use. The space above the beer in the keg will influence it.

You can use any regular priming sugar calculator (for bottles) and use about 75% of that amount, that's how I do all of my kegs. An initial pressure of 30 psi won't carbonate your beer; however I'd put 30 psi on your kegs after adding your priming sugar just to make sure you get a good seal.

I'll try that and out one keg in my fridge a couple weeks early to see how it turns out. Any problems from sediment clogging outlet tube?

Great, I usually use a secondary as well. Looks like I'm all set. Thanks for the input.

Latest posts

Back