The easy way to make beer...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcangeli

Reaction score
Bitterman from New Belgium shows "Good Morning Chicago" how to make beer...

[ame]http://youtu.be/SF3FluyZbCg[/ame]

:fro:

Funny (actually that video wasn't very funny...), but I think some of my family actually thinks that is what making homebrew is like. Doesn't help I guess that up until recently I've placed my fermenters in a spare bathtub to ferment - so they think I'm brewing bathtub brew as well. :cross:

Makes me wonder how many more "let's laugh at homebrewers" videos it'll take before some big morning show or other shows how homebrewing is really done. Making fun of us like some SNL rejects isn't helping. Kinda funny...just barely maybe kinda...:smack:

Good Morning Chicago? Why not Denver? Heck, they should have just asked the WGN morning crew to join them. I'm sure they would have done it. It might have actually been funny then.

I found this hilarious considering i had someone ask me it once.

"So what you just throw it in a blender???"

EDIT: I dont think this was meant to be "offending" to homebrewers, was this put out by NB?
...plus if you look at it that way its more ignorance than anything.
If its something thell kick instead of learning whose the real winner?

I just want to add an addendum to my original post. I get the tongue in cheek nature of this video. My post was more directed at the fact that they used Chicago. The WGN morning crew is actually pretty funny. I could have easily seen them joining in on this. They have done some hilarioius stuff over the years.

I guess I'm in the minority, but I chuckled. Life is more enjoyable if one doesn't get all riled up about little, non-life changing events. What is that phrase we repeat all over this site? RDW, drink your bread?

If you want to create alcoholic beer and want to keep it in accessory you can use the following recipe-
Ingredients: 7 days keep the same up......keep it in a pot for 7 days after boiling in cooler....

Extracts of Malt Mix : (7 lbs) Large Malt - Un-hopped Super-light
Crystal Malts: (4 oz) Weyer-mann Cara-hell (Crystal- 20)
Crystal Malts: (4 oz) Din-gemans Caravienne (Cara- 30)
Crystal Malts: (8 oz) Mun-tons Crystalss Malt 70L
Hops: Pellet -Hops -Tettnang 50 Grms 4.6 AA
Hops: Pellet -Hops- Hallertau Custom 29 Grms 6.0 AA
WYeast: Bohemian Beer Fluid Yeast westa alba
boil water mix substances ....gently in an excellent way...and after 45 min mix Malt draw out mix...then go for amazingly malts ...and keep it steaming for next 45 moments and keep doing this....it provides you with flavor of red Irish mild.

so this is how you make beer!! thanks bot!

Yea, it was put out by NB. They have a whole line of that guy trying to learn to make beer. I don't think it was to poke fun at homebrewers so much as poke fun at how people think beer is brewed.

I loved the part about the carbination, I'm sure that some out there have tried that method before (maybe the alkaselzer in the wort) and I loved the fact that he actually put the green slop in his mouth....

Back