Help on a Stout Faucet-Stainless Brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd, E-mail/Call/Text/Fax or if needed " Carrier pigeon" somebody at SSB to confirm its "All" Stainless Steal.
Some are/were sold as all SS,but turn out to be chrome body and the rest of the parts SS..

The SSB version looks an awful lot like what I have seen in other posts described as SF2001A from Taprite. I just got this from Taprite:

"SF2001A is chrome plated brass, just as SF2001. The "A" version is an alternate product - it's shorter than its counterpart and it's inner workings aren't as easily accessible. My personal preference would be the SF2001; it's a bit more robust and it's one of the most reliable, low maintenance stout faucets available."

So if it is actually a Taprite ( I had asked for brand and model number in the past and got a "dunno" from SSB which was a bit disconcerting), it is NOT stainless. May still be better than another brand, but not because it is stainless.

The SSB version looks an awful lot like what I have seen in other posts described as SF2001A from Taprite. I just got this from Taprite:

"SF2001A is chrome plated brass, just as SF2001. The "A" version is an alternate product - it's shorter than its counterpart and it's inner workings aren't as easily accessible. My personal preference would be the SF2001; it's a bit more robust and it's one of the most reliable, low maintenance stout faucets available."

So if it is actually a Taprite ( I had asked for brand and model number in the past and got a "dunno" from SSB which was a bit disconcerting), it is NOT stainless. May still be better than another brand, but not because it is stainless.

I updated the site with some additional information that "All wetted portions are stainless steel. The top section (cosmetic) is not." Basically the bottom IS STAINLESS and the top portion is not. The top portion never touches the media and is chrome plated to match the bottom portion that is indeed stainless. I made a mistake by not catching this and listing it on the site earlier.

The emails we exchanged stated that I would look into getting a manufacturer and that I can confirm that it is stainless. I could not confirm the manufacturer because they're purchased over seas and that's really none of my business where my vendor get's their product from. A lot of products over seas can be made from the same place but may have a different stamp, label or handle for the distributor. I did not know how else to prove that they're stainless other than my word from taking it apart and looking at it. I took some better photos and hope this can clear some things up. You can still see the machine work on the inside of the wetted portion. :mug:
dt.jpg
Top section that's abviously not stainless. See small scratches.
dt1.jpg

Back