I like this time at night on HBT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Youtube says I have to update my plug-in. I don't like it when my computer tells me what to do!! Says "your plug-in is outdated", well, so is my stove but do you see me running out to get a new one? Hubby is outdated too, same clothes he's had since the 70s, have I kicked him to the curb, been forced to update? No!! Maybe I do not want to update!!!

Hope everyone is doing well this fine evening. :mug:

Yea, I don't like that either.

Youtube says I have to update my plug-in. I don't like it when my computer tells me what to do!! Says "your plug-in is outdated", well, so is my stove but do you see me running out to get a new one? Hubby is outdated too, same clothes he's had since the 70s, have I kicked him to the curb, been forced to update? No!! Maybe I do not want to update!!!

I feel OK. But my back is telling me it needs an upgrade. I just have a few beers and all those muscle spasms seem to go away.

Have you tried pouring beer on your computer? I hope you at least were able to watch Bernadette.

I feel OK. But my back is telling me it needs an upgrade. I just have a few beers and all those muscle spasms seem to go away.

Have you tried pouring beer on your computer? I hope you at least were able to watch Bernadette.
1. Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

2. Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image...

3. Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain...

4. Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.

5. Honour thy father and thy mother...

6. Thou shalt not kill.

7. Thou shalt not commit adultery.

8. Thou shalt not steal.

9. Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.

10. Thou shalt not covet

11. Thou shalt not pour beer on thines computer.

1. Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

2. Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image...

3. Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain...

4. Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.

5. Honour thy father and thy mother...

6. Thou shalt not kill.

7. Thou shalt not commit adultery.

8. Thou shalt not steal.

9. Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.

10. Thou shalt not covet

11. Thou shalt not pour beer on thines computer.

I have at least six of those covered. I do not intentionally pour beer on my computer. I kill things only if I then proceed to eat them. I'm gonna have to consult with my lawyer on some of the iffy ones.

I was! And yes, I have tried that. Then I was forced to upgrade to a new computer. :mad:

Bobbi, Nothing makes me happier than a good conversation with you but I just cannot see how your last post relates to my post that you quoted.

As long as you think Bernadette is hot, the rest was just nonsense anyway.

Dan said:
Egads! I thought to myself glad I am a homebrewer and lift this brew to all of you

Loved the post attempts! I almost exclusively use the app on my phone, so I know how that is :)

BobbiLynn said:
You could just rent a storage unit, then you can get in the gate and have all those locks to practice with. Strap a light to your forehead and do it late at night. Might even find some cool stuff.

I tried my apple mint, whatever you want to call it, again today and can't believe I was actually drinking this stuff last night. No wonder why I woke up feeling nauseous. Got hubby to try some and he said "Just throw it in the compost pile, you can't win them all." Having my doubts now that the brown sugar addition will help. It's even hard to pinpoint what makes it taste so bad.

Years ago, my husband and I had a rare date night, and stopped to look at sheds for sale. Well, it was late at night and raining. The cop suggested we do our shopping at a more reasonable hour :)

Leadgolem said:
If I did that the men in the blue uniforms with the big flashlights would probably come and have a word with me. :p

And that's what made me think of she'd shopping!

mcbaumannerb said:
Yeah - that was the reason for refinishing. I use Azek decking and TimberTech railing with lights and it's all low maintenance :D

Awesome! I insisted our deck be composite because I certainly didn't want to keep up with wood.

BobbiLynn said:

Better than the old days, when it took me ages to figure out why something wouldn't work on my computer!

lschiavo said:
Bobbi, Nothing makes me happier than a good conversation with you but I just cannot see how your last post relates to my post that you quoted.

As long as you think Bernadette is hot, the rest was just nonsense anyway.

I was also confused, but I think she just replied in reverse order :)

Oh, I need to pay better attention. In that case, glad you are having a good trip and had time for a beer. Cheers! Sorry though you have to come back to the smog and work.

Thanks BobbiLynn. Hawaii was pretty nice. Amazingly they are having their own air quality problems. A volcano on the big island is spewing garbage into the air, people are actually selling off their expensive properties there and the "Vog" makes it's way to the other Hawaiian islands as well. Crazy

Loved the post attempts! I almost exclusively use the app on my phone, so I know how that is :)
Ha ha.. Thanks for the encouragement Sharon. I think I'll stick to a keyboard. :D

And a toast back to you Dan. I hope you had a memorable and fantastic time with your wife (and plans for the pending move as well.). Enjoy your Kona and have a good flight home!

Thanks McB! We had a great time together. Looked at houses but man they are expensive. We found a townhouse on the hills of Makakilo. Beautiful view of the ocean and Diamond Head. Just dreaming right now but I'm going to buy a place there eventually.

Welcome back to the mainland, Dan.
Pappy, you always make my day!

While in Hawaii my wife and I celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary. We went to the Chart House and sat in the open air bar area. The Chart House sits across from a marina and is a really quaint place. The food is incredible! A Hawaiian band played, I requested an old Elvis song for my wife. Okay, it's "our song". I even sung it once to her at a karaoke bar. :drunk: "I Can't Help Falling in Love with You" Not sure that is the name of it but everybody knows it.

We had a bottle of champagne and appetizers. Every Friday night on Oahu there are fireworks so we watched the fireworks as well. It was perfect.

Hawaii has some great food! The appetizers we had were poke (raw chunks of fresh tuna) served on a bed of steamed rice and covered in some type of seaweed, we also had grilled shrimp. They were the biggest most succulent shrimp I've ever seen, and edamame (fancy name for soybeans). steamed, salted and tossed with crushed garlic. The beans are in the pod so you squeeze them out. I don't know why but my wife ordered an appetizer plate of pork chops. They were not the best but that's okay. The rest of the meal was, well just glorious!

One of the many things I love about Hawaii is the food. There is Hawaiian, Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Thai, Vietnamese, Filipino foods and more. Spam still rules, Portuguese sausage, scrambled eggs, pork hash with steamed rice... served at McDonald's for breakfast. Ha! It's pretty easy to go overboard with the greasy unhealthy foods but just as easy to go healthy. One thing that I love is Un-choy. It's a leafy green veggie that will clean you out better than Draino through a hairball. Hard to find in mainland supermarkets though. I don't know why.

I probably overdid the greasy nasty food a bit much and wouldn't eat that way all the time but man it sure was good for a week!

Anybody here in the central CA valley want to take a trip to Hawaii, check out Allegiant airlines at the Fresno airport. My trip cost 207 bucks total, round trip from Fresno to Oahu, Hawaii. That is impossible to beat. The flight leaves out of Fresno on a Saturday morning and returns the following Friday. That's their schedule. I might be wrong but pretty sure those are the only days they fly there and back.

Sounds like a blast. I'm going to keep that in mind can't really beat that price. I've never been to Hawaii, but have always wanted to.

Great deal Daniel. I don't have any good references for hotels and such but the airline price is awesome. I've lived in Hawaii and visit fairly often. There is no better price, trust me.

Would like to get together for a homebrew in the near future. :mug:

I have been posting here quite a lot tonight. My internal clock is out of whack. Got back from the airport at 2:30 am. Was suppose to be back at 10:30. Airport problems, not the airline. We got in late. Now for whatever reason haven't gone to sleep. The birds are starting to awake and sing. We have a mocking bird, I think it is a mocking bird. Extremely loud. It comes here every spring. Sometimes sings all night long. Amazing how loud those little birds can be. It's really nice and peaceful here this time of day. Quiet in many ways but the birds are full of energy and loudly introduce the new day. Would only be better if there were a few roosters crowing.

Glad you had a good trip Dan :ban:

I have been up most of the night as well but just not wanting to post. Sounds stupid but my fingers hurt to much from all the gardening and wood hauling. But I am caught up on the wood and all we have left in the garden is to plant.

Man after the last few weeks I think I got little muscles growing in my fingers...Or I have fingers of fury syndrome :D

Thanks V'man! Ya know, whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger; so it's said.

Sorry to hear about your hands but there is a silver lining. Your hands wouldn't hurt now if you weren't blessed enough to use them. That makes sense, right?

Sure does make sense and I am terrible glad I can use them.

I was thinking about your food you ate there and I did see the bit about spam. I grew to love spam when I lived there as a kid. Nothing better than a slice of pineapple on some spam fried in a pan.

Oh and eating Li Hing Mui I think it was called. Dried pickled plums that were salted to boot. Man I wish I could get that here

Sure does make sense and I am terrible glad I can use them.

I was thinking about your food you ate there and I did see the bit about spam. I grew to love spam when I lived there as a kid. Nothing better than a slice of pineapple on some spam fried in a pan.

Oh and eating Li Hing Mui I think it was called. Dried pickled plums that were salted to boot. Man I wish I could get that here

crap.. if I'd have known you like that I would have grabbed you a bag of them and sent them your way.. I'm going back in a few months and will send you some. We can work out addresses later by PM.

crap.. if I'd have known you like that I would have grabbed you a bag of them and sent them your way.. I'm going back in a few months and will send you some. We can work out addresses later by PM.

Oh heck yea I could eat some of those again. If I remember right they had a wet and a dry type. I loved them both :rockin:

I have mixed emotions about living there. As a kid in the 60's it was alright but I am thinking the traffic has to be terrible now since it was pretty bad back then. Hehe of course if I see 2 cars together now I start mumbling about traffic jams and hating it.

Good evening everyone!

I just had to share...
So, I just got a call from the guys that own the restaurant I was pitching my "brew pub" idea to. They asked if I could go in tomorrow evening and sit down with them to talk about it some more. With any luck I might be wearing the title of Head Brewer someday in the future.

I'm feeling pretty d@mn excited at the moment!

I sent a friend some of my homebrewed White Pepper Rye Saison, and he just sampled it for the first time. He said this song started playing in his head after he tasted it. I'm going to take it as a compliment!

[ame]http://youtu.be/8Qx2lMaMsl8[/ame]

I love it! I could see myself brewing whilst this is playing in the background...

While in Hawaii my wife and I celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary. We went to the Chart House and sat in the open air bar area. The Chart House sits across from a marina and is a really quaint place. The food is incredible!

Anybody here in the central CA valley want to take a trip to Hawaii, check out Allegiant airlines at the Fresno airport. My trip cost 207 bucks total, round trip from Fresno to Oahu, Hawaii. That is impossible to beat. The flight leaves out of Fresno on a Saturday morning and returns the following Friday. That's their schedule. I might be wrong but pretty sure those are the only days they fly there and back.

Dan,

Sounds like a good trip.

Important sanity tip. Don't watch Castaway the night before you fly to somewhere like New Zealand for the first time. Doh!

I've eaten at a couple Chart Houses in the US and Puerto Rico, but they were a chain and I don't think they are remotely connected to the one in Waikiki.

~$200...Wow. I seem to remember it was $700+ when I went over a number of years ago.

Perhaps you don't know him, but maybe consider sending a PM. It's nothing to you, but for him something comforting.

I post this here because I know this thread of full of good people.

For those of ya'll that care.. I havent been active around here in a while. I've been busy living the off line life, complete with work & a sick father. My dad is at the end of his life now. Mom called the family home, and from their texts & phone calls the time is near. I call him my dad, because he is not my father, but he has been my dad for many years. He suffers from a condition recieved from a blood tranfusion before they screend blood for the really icky stuff. I'm 400 miles from home, and will be headed there tomorrow morning. For those that pray, please pray that I can tell him goodbye, one more time. For those who don't, please know a fellow brewer has a heavy, heavy heart tonight. He is reccieving about 2 liters of blood an hour, with a dropping BP, so the time has come. :confused:

Just got the worst news.

Perhaps you don't know him, but maybe consider sending a PM. It's nothing to you, but for him something comforting.

Thanks for sharing.

This makes me wish I knew my father better, and it inspires me to make it a goal to do just that...

Pappy, thank you for sharing that. HBT is an awesome sight and call me a bit biased but I believe this particular thread is made special by the wonderful people who post here. I don't know Zac, but understand the situation. Better believe I sent him a PM. It's the least to do for a brother.

My beer induced thought for tonight.

Anybody have problems with fluorescent lights? The bathroom in my master bedroom has one. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I should probably just change the bulb, maybe the starter. That would be easy enough. But I don't. There is something wrong with me. The light has been this way for at least four years now. The hassle of it not working is not very significant and when I do get it to come on it's more like an accomplishment than anything else. :ban:

Maybe I"m the only one up this time at night? There is a gnawing thought in my head. BobbiLynn'a hubby.

Not sure if I saw her on here today. Unusual. Hope all is well, or at least stable.. I don't have the right words but you guys know BL is our sister. I can't help but think of her and her hubby each day and hope for a happy and healthy life ahead of them.

This following song, I just like. Maybe something about BL makes me think of it. Her great outlook on life, strength during tough times and forging heart.

BobbiLynn, maybe it doesn't make sense right now but this is how I see your spirit.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was just thinking that I hadn't seen BL this afternoon. I'll be up all night. As usual. Last day working then I get a few nights off. Could really use it this week. I'm getting really burned out by some of the BS that's been going on in our department. Supervisors and managers getting away with murder then writing us up for little stupid crap, no cell phone usage, no sleeping, no staying in the office all night. We don't exactly know what we're supposed to do now, so we've been going on walks around the area and working out. Then we're told that we can't do that any more because it would add a couple minutes to our response time. Starting patrolling in our truck and told we were putting too many miles on it. Unfortunately most of the peon EMT's have applications out elsewhere because of it all.

Snaps, that sucks donkey butt. Hang in there my friend. What to do when your boss is an idiot with all the power. I don't really know the answer except you stick it out, advance and replace the moron. Then you will be able to make life better for all. The worst managers and leaders are good for one thing. They teach you what not to be. Your time will come and you will make a good difference. I'm positive about that.

I'm up way to late. Had this written before my last reply to Snaps.. I'm a bad poet and I know it. Doesn't stop me though. :D

Oh boy
Once again
Insomnia has set in
Me and that old mocking bird
His songs these last few hours I've heard
Why so loud in the middle of the night
does that bird sing in the moonlight
Outside the grass and trees are green
It's in my bed I should be seen.

Latest posts

Back